|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pale finishes his tea, puts on his shoes, and ________Anna before he walks out of the door.
(b) Looks at.
(c) Pushes Larry.
2. Why does Larry allow Anna to go into his room during this scene of the play?
(a) She is avoiding an argument with Pale.
(b) She is afraid of Pale.
(c) He wants her to see his room.
(d) She threatens to break down his door.
3. Anna takes a _________from the refrigerator.
(a) Bottle of beer.
(b) Bottle of champagne.
(c) Can of whipped cream.
4. What is the name of the bar where Pale is now working?
5. How does Pale respond to Larry's attempt to see how he is doing after vomiting?
(a) Slams the door in his face.
(b) Splashes water at him.
(c) Pushes him backwards.
(d) Yells at him.
6. Larry comments that _________at gay New Year's Eve parties is higher than all of Scandinavia.
(b) The suicide rate.
(c) Hard drinking.
(d) Drug use.
7. What does Pale get from Anna's room before he leaves?
(a) His watch.
(b) His cigarettes.
(c) His hat.
(d) The rest of his clothes.
8. Anna calls Pale ________. When Burton attempts to call him the same thing, Pale insists that he be called Pale.
9. Larry reminds Burton that Anna's life has been very sheltered. Burton agrees and wishes that________.
(a) Things could have been different.
(b) That he could have seen Anna.
(c) That Anna loved him.
(d) That Anna could leave Pale.
10. Pale gets up and attempts to leave because he is worried that associating with them will ________.
(a) Make it hard to find dates.
(b) Ruin his reputation.
(c) Get him killed.
(d) Get him hurt.
11. On the opening night of the show, Burton asks if Anna is home. Larry says no and that __________.
(a) She has been working a lot.
(b) She needs time alone.
(c) She is avoiding Pale.
(d) She misses Burton.
12. While Anna is in the bathroom, Pale gets up and goes to the window so he can _________.
(a) Feel the rain on his face.
(b) Vomit out the window.
(c) Smoke a cigarette.
(d) Get some fresh air.
13. The following morning, Larry is in the kitchen and Pale comes in out of Anna's room wearing_________.
(a) His robe.
(b) Anna's robe.
14. Larry attempts to describe the dance to Burton, and tells hims that it involves a man, __________.
(a) Dancing the way women dance.
(b) Playing music for a woman.
(c) Arguing with a woman.
(d) Dancing the way men dance.
15. Anna then goes into the bedroom and returns with _______.
(a) Pale's cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Anna tells Burton that she thinks the characters are exciting, after her critique he feels that the characters are ___________.
2. When it appears that the two of them are escalating and a fight is about to occur, _______ jumps between them.
3. When Anna tells Larry where the flutes came from he declares_________.
4. Larry says that there was no mobster present when he was at the ___________.
5. What are Larry's instructions to Pale regarding the note?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)