|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Larry give to Pale at the bar?
(a) A key.
(b) A hat.
(c) A drink.
(d) A packet of cigarettes.
2. Pale changes the subject to Anna and mentions that Anna didn't remember seeing _______ at the funeral.
(a) Pale's mother.
(b) Robbie's mother.
(c) Pale's wife.
3. Burton asks Larry if Anna has continued to see Pale. Larry states that _________.
(a) Anna threw Pale out the other day.
(b) Anna told Pale he scared her.
(c) Anna has been working a lot.
(d) Anna loves Burton.
4. What are Larry's instructions to Pale regarding the note?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Read it to Anna.
(c) Give it to Burton.
(d) Burn this.
5. How was Pale able to get the time off in order to be able to watch the performance?
(a) He called in sick.
(b) He quit the restaurant job.
(c) He took vacation time.
(d) He had someone cover his shift.
6. Pale believes that the mob (mafia) was involved in killing Robbie and __________ and that their deaths were not accidents.
7. Pale tells Anna that he felt __________ to watch someone on stage that was supposed to be him and Anna.
8. Pale finishes his tea, puts on his shoes, and ________Anna before he walks out of the door.
(a) Looks at.
(b) Pushes Larry.
9. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
(a) Has been working non-stop.
(b) Lost her job.
(c) Works at a clothing shop.
(d) Has been working at home.
10. Why can't Anna read the note from Larry?
(a) She feels guilty because it is not for her.
(b) Larry has already destroyed it.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She can't read Larry's writing.
11. Pale makes his way to the _______ even though Anna is telling him no.
(a) Living room.
(d) Kitchen sink.
12. What time is it when Anna comes home from the Play?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) After midnight.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
13. Larry says that there was no mobster present when he was at the ___________.
14. Burton asks Anna what the difference is between a flute and a glass and she answers__________.
(a) Flutes are smaller.
(b) One is an instrument.
(c) Flutes are for champagne.
(d) 50 bucks.
15. How does Pale respond to Larry's attempt to see how he is doing after vomiting?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Splashes water at him.
(c) Pushes him backwards.
(d) Slams the door in his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the opening night of the show, Burton asks if Anna is home. Larry says no and that __________.
2. Anna asks _______to check and see if Pale is really leaving.
3. Burton begins talking about ________and how he is trying to protect himself from feelings about Anna.
4. Burton talks about his ideas for a new science fiction script, but Anna encourages him to stick with the _________.
5. Pale goes into Anna's room and Anna asks Larry ________.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)