|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pale say should have danced in the performance with Anna?
2. There is a commotion at the door and when Larry goes to see who it is;_________ falls in drunk.
3. Anna lets Pale know that Burton teaches _______ at the "Y."
4. Pale offers Anna tea and breakfast. She tells him not to think they are starting a relationship because ________.
(a) Pale is a drunken lout.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) She loves Burton.
(d) She hates cigarettes.
5. Larry says that there was no mobster present when he was at the ___________.
6. When Anna wishes Larry a Happy New Year; he says to her and Burton _______.
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) Fuck off.
(d) Happy New Year!
7. Pale tells Anna that he felt __________ to watch someone on stage that was supposed to be him and Anna.
8. Pale makes his way to the _______ even though Anna is telling him no.
(c) Living room.
(d) Kitchen sink.
9. While Anna is in the bathroom, Pale gets up and goes to the window so he can _________.
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Get some fresh air.
(c) Vomit out the window.
(d) Feel the rain on his face.
10. When Anna returns from the play she is wearing a party dress and ___________.
(a) A scarf.
(b) White gloves.
(c) A coat.
(d) A hat.
11. After the two are separated, Anna attempts to send ________ away.
(b) Larry .
12. Why can't Anna read the note from Larry?
(a) She feels guilty because it is not for her.
(b) She can't read Larry's writing.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Larry has already destroyed it.
13. Burton recalls another memory in which he was walking home drunk and ________.
(a) Tripped and fell.
(b) Got into a fight.
(c) Passed out on a park bench.
(d) Urinated on a wall.
14. Larry tells Burton that the poet was trying to _______.
(a) Get in his pants.
(b) Get him a job.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Help him with his writing.
15. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
(a) Has been working non-stop.
(b) Lost her job.
(c) Has been working at home.
(d) Works at a clothing shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna attempts to explain her relationship with _________ to Pale.
2. The following morning, Larry is in the kitchen and Pale comes in out of Anna's room wearing_________.
3. The poet told him that _________was inspired by that sound and wrote a poem based on it.
4. Burton comments that he misses _______ along the back of a woman's back.
5. Pale tells Anna that he lost his ______before stretching out on the couch and passing out.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)