|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pale tells Anna that he lost his ______before stretching out on the couch and passing out.
2. Anna explains to Pale that he can't show up at her place drunk. He lunges at Burton who throws Pale _______.
(a) Into a wall.
(b) Into the street.
(c) On the couch.
(d) Out the door.
3. Anna asks _______to check and see if Pale is really leaving.
4. Burton argues with Anna until Pale suggests that perhaps she is ________.
(a) Afraid of him.
(b) Attracted to Larry.
(c) In love with Burton.
(d) Sleeping with Burton.
5. When Anna wishes Larry a Happy New Year; he says to her and Burton _______.
(b) Fuck off.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) Happy New Year!
6. Burton begins talking about ________and how he is trying to protect himself from feelings about Anna.
(a) Defense mechanisms.
(b) His anger at Pale.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His cocaine use.
7. What time is it when Anna comes home from the Play?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) After midnight.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
8. After hearing this, Pale becomes angry and accuses her of being a different person________.
(a) In bed.
(b) When they are alone.
(c) At night.
(d) When she is not working.
9. Burton comments that he misses _______ along the back of a woman's back.
10. When Anna returns from the play she is wearing a party dress and ___________.
(a) A coat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) White gloves.
11. Pale's wife and kids are in __________because she could not handle Pale's lifestyle.
(a) Coral Gables.
(c) Miami Beach.
12. Who does Larry kiss and wish Happy New Year?
(c) Anna and Burton.
13. After vomiting in the bathroom, Pale walks out of the bathroom holding ________.
(a) A kleenex.
(b) A toothbrush.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A towel.
14. Anna attempts to explain her relationship with _________ to Pale.
15. What does Pale get from Anna's room before he leaves?
(a) His hat.
(b) The rest of his clothes.
(c) His cigarettes.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Pale is making the tea for himself, Larry tells him that he thinks Robbie's death was _________.
2. After Pale tries repeatedly to convince Anna that their relationship could work, Anna tells Pale ________.
3. Pale gets up and attempts to leave because he is worried that associating with them will ________.
4. For a previous job, Burton made a delivery to a poet's house and they shared________.
5. How does Pale respond to Larry's attempt to see how he is doing after vomiting?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)