|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is occurring at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) New Year's Eve.
2. What does she do with the sheets before she goes to get her coat from the closet?
(a) She puts them in the laundry basket.
(b) She throws them at Larry.
(c) She balls them up and puts them on the couch.
(d) She drops them.
3. Anna takes a _________from the refrigerator.
(b) Bottle of beer.
(c) Can of whipped cream.
(d) Bottle of champagne.
4. Burton considers the idea of moving in with her and even talks about ________.
(a) Moving with her to another city.
(b) Getting a different job.
(c) Having children.
(d) Buying a house.
5. Larry is caught off guard when Burton puts his drink down and asks Larry ________.
(a) To dance with him.
(b) To show him how the dance looks.
(c) To tell him if Anna is seeing Pale.
(d) To hit him.
6. What is the name of the dance on which Anna has been working?
(a) "Pale and Anna."
(b) "Fred and Anna."
(c) "Joe and Anna."
(d) "Burton and Anna."
7. Larry reminds Burton that Anna's life has been very sheltered. Burton agrees and wishes that________.
(a) That Anna could leave Pale.
(b) That Anna loved him.
(c) That he could have seen Anna.
(d) Things could have been different.
8. As she leaves Larry asks where she is going and she replies that she is heading to __________.
(a) Fred's studio.
(b) Catch up with Pale before he leaves.
(c) Burton's studio.
(d) Burton's apartment.
9. Even though Anna tells Burton that she thinks the characters are exciting, after her critique he feels that the characters are ___________.
(c) Not believable.
10. Larry comes in the front door as Burton and Anna share a toast and he is carrying ________.
(a) Flowers for Anna.
(b) Two suitcases.
(c) Three suitcases.
(d) His coat and hat.
11. Burton argues with Anna until Pale suggests that perhaps she is ________.
(a) Sleeping with Burton.
(b) Attracted to Larry.
(c) Afraid of him.
(d) In love with Burton.
12. Larry says that there was no mobster present when he was at the ___________.
13. Who does Larry kiss and wish Happy New Year?
(b) Anna and Burton.
14. Larry attempts to describe the dance to Burton, and tells hims that it involves a man, __________.
(a) Arguing with a woman.
(b) Dancing the way men dance.
(c) Playing music for a woman.
(d) Dancing the way women dance.
15. While Anna is in the bathroom, Pale gets up and goes to the window so he can _________.
(a) Get some fresh air.
(b) Feel the rain on his face.
(c) Vomit out the window.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pale gets up and attempts to leave because he is worried that associating with them will ________.
2. What are Larry's instructions to Pale regarding the note?
3. For a previous job, Burton made a delivery to a poet's house and they shared________.
4. Anna notices that Larry is now smoking. She encourages him to ________.
5. Pale changes the subject to Anna and mentions that Anna didn't remember seeing _______ at the funeral.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)