|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where has Burton just arrived, having just ended his trip there to come back to see Anna?
2. What is the genre in which Burton focuses most of his work for Hollywood?
(c) Science fiction.
3. What does the Flying Dutchman's love do which breaks the curse imposed upon him?
(a) Comes on the ship with him.
(b) Jumps into the sea.
(c) Kills herself.
(d) Hangs herself.
4. How long has it been since anyone has come for Robbie's things after the wake?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) One month.
5. At what time did Anna finally get ready to leave the wake, but it's been two hours since the last bus left?
(b) Two in the morning.
6. Pale also says that Anna knows him because he helped to save her from the _____________.
(b) Boring plays.
7. Anna taunts Pale that the vodka is not _____________, which he would know from his expertise in food and drink.
8. Larry rejects the idea that Hollywood is a bunch of whores, saying that his job as a(n) ______________ makes him a whore as well.
(a) Advertising worker.
9. Pale begins to talk about his friend _______ who is a bartender, though Anna is not interested in this topic.
10. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
11. What is the "real" name of Pale that he reveals to Anna though few people actually call him this?
12. What does Pale ask Anna for after going into yet another long rant about the city and people who live in it?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) Some cocaine.
(c) Robbie's belongings.
(d) A coffee.
13. Larry makes sure to remind Burton that he does not need __________, but Burton says that he does.
14. What is the relationship that Robbie and Anna once shared when he was alive?
(d) Dance partners.
15. Where are Robbie's things, which is not a place where Larry wants to go in order to get them?
(c) Bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the nephews spend all afternoon doing while the adults attended the wake?
2. What is the source of the loud noise that distracts Pale when he is talking with Anna and Larry?
3. Anna offers Pale coffee, though he would clearly prefer ___________ as a beverage.
4. What did Pale threaten the other driver that he would do if the other driver didn't back off?
5. How many years had it been since Robbie had even seen his parents, showing just how distant they'd become?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)