|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did another car do to Pale as he pulled into a space before coming up to see Anna?
(b) Flash his lights.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Honk at him.
2. __________ equates Burton's work with the myth of the Flying Dutchman.
3. Who is the dancer who is sitting on the couch at the start of the first act of this play?
4. How old does Pale say Robbie was when Pale moved out of the house?
5. What causes Anna to finally get up from where she is sitting to answer the door?
(a) Her cell phone.
(b) Broken glass.
6. Anna decides it is far too early to go to _______________ and Larry agrees with her.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The store.
7. Larry rejects the idea that Hollywood is a bunch of whores, saying that his job as a(n) ______________ makes him a whore as well.
(d) Advertising worker.
8. What does the Flying Dutchman's love do which breaks the curse imposed upon him?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Comes on the ship with him.
(c) Jumps into the sea.
(d) Hangs herself.
9. Burton decides to leave as he wants to type up notes for his _______________ before heading to a dinner meeting.
(b) New script.
(d) Next role.
10. Larry asks Anna what they should do with Robbie's _____________ since they're/it's beginning to pile up.
11. What does Pale ask Anna for after going into yet another long rant about the city and people who live in it?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A coffee.
(c) Robbie's belongings.
(d) Some cocaine.
12. Out of Robbie's entire family, no one has seen Robbie _________________ - his true passion.
13. Pale informs Anna that he does not like ___________ and every time Anna leaves one he feels like he heard her the first time.
14. Burton explains his work is about the wives of ____________ and the longing they experience.
(b) Gay men.
15. The new piece that Burton is writing is a ____________, something with which he is not entirely comfortable.
(a) Pop song.
(c) Love story.
(d) War novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the loud noise that distracts Pale when he is talking with Anna and Larry?
2. What is the genre in which Burton focuses most of his work for Hollywood?
3. Larry's company tells him that the only thing people all believe in around the holidays is ____________ and children.
4. Who yells from the hallway later on in the first scene, trying to get someone's attention?
5. Pale begins to talk about his friend _______ who is a bartender, though Anna is not interested in this topic.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)