|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton explains his work is about the wives of ____________ and the longing they experience.
(a) Gay men.
2. On this card, there can not be anything _____________ as not everyone celebrates Christmas in the same way.
3. What causes Anna to finally get up from where she is sitting to answer the door?
(a) Her cell phone.
(b) Broken glass.
4. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
5. What has Anna not been able to do in a few days, so she is feeling stiff and out of sorts?
6. Who decides to take Anna back to the bus station, glad to be rid of her and her presence in Robbie's family's home?
7. In what country does the Flying Dutchman finally meet his true love who will break the curse?
(b) United States.
8. What does Anna point out to Burton as he is talking about his new work, though he is not convinced of his direction?
(a) His nervousness.
(b) His fidgeting.
(c) His excitement.
(d) His tears.
9. What is the look that Anna ascribes to the men in Robbie's family, though they all sort of look like him, too?
(a) High end.
(b) Blue collar.
(c) White collar.
10. Pale informs Anna that he does not like ___________ and every time Anna leaves one he feels like he heard her the first time.
11. Larry rejects the idea that Hollywood is a bunch of whores, saying that his job as a(n) ______________ makes him a whore as well.
(c) Advertising worker.
12. Burton remarks about how fickle the _____________ can be in Canada during this time of year.
13. Anna taunts Pale that the vodka is not _____________, which he would know from his expertise in food and drink.
14. Who is the dancer who is sitting on the couch at the start of the first act of this play?
15. What did the nephews spend all afternoon doing while the adults attended the wake?
(a) Playing tag.
(b) Eating mud pies.
(c) Collecting frogs.
(d) Collecting butterflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pale ask Anna for after going into yet another long rant about the city and people who live in it?
2. What does Anna slip on when he hears the yelling and the banging on the door?
3. The new piece that Burton is writing is a ____________, something with which he is not entirely comfortable.
4. Robbie once thought Anna would make a good _________, and she admits to Pale that she likes it.
5. Who did Anna try to call in order to get someone to come get Robbie's things from the apartment?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)