Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1
1. What is the news that Burton learns upon arriving in Anna's apartment at the start of the play?
2. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
3. What is Anna's explanation as to why she hasn't responded to Larry all day?
4. What is the one thing that Robbie's family has never seen him do, which also upsets Anna?
5. Why were many of Robbie's dance colleagues and friends unable to attend the service?
This section contains 1,066 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)