Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Burton enters Anna's apartment, having heard her roommate, Robbie, and his lover Dominic were killed.
* Anna is upset about the family's lack of knowledge of the two men's relationship.
* Anna's other roommate, Larry, arrives with groceries.
* Anna tells Burton about Robbie's family.
* Burton explains his idea for a new screenplay.
* Larry explains the myth...
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)