|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caroline fear in Chapter 42?
2. Where do Dolph Storrs and Pete McKinnon want Anita to meet them in Chapter 39?
3. In Chapter 29, who tells Anita to open herself to Richard's beast so she can help control him?
4. Which police officer is a witch?
5. Whose life does Lorraine save in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Larry call Anita in Chapter 39?
2. How does Anita help Richard control his beast in Chapter 29, and what does her manner of helping him indicate about how she and Richard feel about each other?
3. In Chapter 47, who claims responsibility for the bombings of the vampire businesses in the area and what does Anita learn about the supposed attack on a human at the Burnt Offerings bar?
4. Where do Dolph and Pete McKinnon want Anita to meet them in Chapter 39 and why do they need her assistance there?
5. What does Pete McKinnon ask Anita to assist him with in Chapter 34?
6. What does Asher want from Anita in Chapter 49 and how does she manage to avoid giving it to him?
7. Why does Anita's saving of Rafael's life significant to Louie?
8. How does Louie feel about Anita and why does he suggest that Anita and Richard continue to see each other?
9. In Chapter 44, which member of the vampire council does Anita ask to help with the vampire problem and how does that council member respond to her request?
10. In Chapter 26, why is Richard angry with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anita's relationships with law enforcement and with the individual law enforcement officers in the novel. In what ways is Anita a law enforcement officer for vampires and shapeshifters? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the vampire council and its relationship with Jean Claude. Why does the council fear Jean Claude? Why does Jean Claude not want to become a member of the council? Is the council good or evil? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the alternate reality in which the novel takes place and compare and contrast this reality with human society as you know it. What techniques does Laurell K. Hamilton use to depict this alternate reality? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)