|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vampire is Anita amazed to find outside during the day in Chapter 30?
2. What does Larry suggest in Chapter 39 that Anita do about the problems she's facing?
3. What is unusual about the way Gregory's broken legs have begun to heal in Chapter 29?
4. Who does Detective Padgett want to arrest in Chapter 36 until Anita convinces him no crime has been committed?
5. In Chapter 26, who does Richard tell Anita she should know she can't trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 47, who claims responsibility for the bombings of the vampire businesses in the area and what does Anita learn about the supposed attack on a human at the Burnt Offerings bar?
2. What suggestion does Larry make to Anita in Chapter 40 and how does Anita feel about Larry's suggestion?
3. How does Anita help Richard control his beast in Chapter 29, and what does her manner of helping him indicate about how she and Richard feel about each other?
4. In Chapter 50, how does Anita use Raina's munin to defeat Yvette?
5. Describe the attack on Anita and her friends in Chapter 32.
6. What happens in Chapter 46 when Anita and the police descend into the basement to try to move the vampires to higher ground?
7. How does Louie feel about Anita and why does he suggest that Anita and Richard continue to see each other?
8. Who is Raina and how does Anita use Raina's power in Chapter 37?
9. What special abilities does Warrick display in Chapter 30 and what does he think his abilities indicate?
10. In Chapter 26, why is Richard angry with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita's relationship with Jean Claude in Burnt Offerings with her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best and why? Which man do you think she would be happiest with in the long term? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the triumvirate. What conflicts does it bring to Anita? What benefits does it bring to Anita? What does it symbolize? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)