|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to Jean Claude in Chapter 7 that the vampire council is in town and wanting to see him?
2. When Anita's beeper goes off at the end of Chapter 22, what does it signal?
3. What police officer does Anita meet with in Chapter 23?
4. When Anita glimpses Asher in her car's mirror while driving at the beginning of Chapter 11, about what does she compliment the vampire?
5. What does Anita tell Dolph about the woman's supposed bite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liv want Anita to look her in the eyes in Chapter 12?
2. How does Anita's relationship with Sylvie change from the beginning of the book to Chapter 21?
3. Why does Anita ask Sylvie not to challenge Richard in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Larry Kirkland and what is his relationship with Anita?
5. Why does Jean Claude need his strength restored in Chapter 16 and how does Anita help him restore it?
6. Explain how Jean Claude can still enjoy the pleasure of food when vampires don't eat food.
7. Explain the situation that Anita finds at the vampire bar Burnt Offerings in Chapter 23.
8. What is Anita's position in Richard's werewolf pack and how does that position bring her into conflict with Sylvie?
9. What is Larry doing when he is attacked by a member of Humans First?
10. What ability of Anita's does Jean Claude think the vampire council will find valuable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the policemen and firemen in Burnt Offerings: Captain Pete McKinnon, Detective Padgett, and Sergeant Dolf Storr. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the vampire council and its relationship with Jean Claude. Why does the council fear Jean Claude? Why does Jean Claude not want to become a member of the council? Is the council good or evil? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Richard and Sylvie, the two leaders of the werewolf pack. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)