|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims Nathaniel belongs to him?
(c) The Traveler.
(d) Jean Claude.
2. In Chapter 1, with whom does Anita meet to discuss the possibility of a pyrokinetic being in the city?
(a) The vampire council.
(b) Captain Pete McKinnon.
(c) Jean Claude.
(d) Sergeant Dolph Storrs.
3. What is Larry Kirkland doing when he is attacked in Chapter 1?
(a) Eating lunch in a restaurant.
(b) Watching a play at a theater.
(c) Staking two vampires.
(d) Working at his office computer.
4. In Chapter 10 when Jean Claude realizes he cannot sense his people, who does he say is the only one who could keep his vampires from reaching out to him?
(a) The Traveler.
5. In Chapter 6, whose power does Anita draw on when she swears herself as lupa to the werewolf pack?
(a) Jean Claude's.
(c) The goddess Diana's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jean Claude in Chapter 16 after he saves Anita from Padma's attack?
2. Who is the lupa, or female leader, of Richard's wolf pack?
3. Who is Balthasar's master?
4. Who owns the vampire bar where Anita meets the police officer in Chapter 23?
5. Who is the master of the beasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yvette try to intimidate Jean Claude in Chapter 18, and what is Jean Claude's response to her attempts to conquer him?
2. What ability of Anita's does Jean Claude think the vampire council will find valuable?
3. How does Anita's relationship with Sylvie change from the beginning of the book to Chapter 21?
4. What is Humans First?
5. What is Anita's position in Richard's werewolf pack and how does that position bring her into conflict with Sylvie?
6. Who does Anita promise to kill at the end of Chapter 20, and why does she make this promise?
7. In Chapter 22, what does Jean Claude think can be done to free Vivian and Gregory, the hostages the vampire council is keeping at The Circus of the Damned?
8. Explain how Jean Claude can still enjoy the pleasure of food when vampires don't eat food.
9. What is Anita's relationship with the wereleopard pard?
10. What do Anita and Jean Claude find nailed to the door of the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 13 and what does this object indicate?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)