|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10 when Jean Claude realizes he cannot sense his people, who does he say is the only one who could keep his vampires from reaching out to him?
(d) The Traveler.
2. Why does Liv heal from her gunshot wound so quickly?
(a) She is very healthy and heals rapidly as a result.
(b) She takes a massive dose of antibiotics.
(c) The Traveler's power helps speed her healing.
(d) She casts a healing spell on herself.
3. Which of the following statements is not true about the history between Asher and Jean Claude?
(a) They were companions centuries ago.
(b) Julianna burned as a witch and Asher blames Jean Claude.
(c) Asher's human servant Julianna was also their companion.
(d) They were once rivals for the same beautiful woman.
4. What secret about Anita has Jean Claude kept from the vampire council?
(a) That Anita is psychic.
(b) That Anita is human rather than vampire.
(c) That Anita is a necromancer.
(d) That Anita is his girlfriend.
5. Who calls Anita in Chapter 3 because Nathaniel, a wereleopard, is at the hospital and seriously injured?
6. In Chapter 17, how does Damian die?
(a) He's impaled on a sword.
(b) He's doused with holy water.
(c) A wooden stake is driven into his heart.
(d) He is shot by a vampire executioner.
7. What is Anita Blake's profession?
(a) Police officer.
(d) Necromancer and vampire executioner.
8. In what city does this novel take place?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
9. What does the bar's owner fear will happen as a result of the attack on the woman at his bar?
(a) That the police will be watching him closely now.
(b) That the woman will sue and he will lose his business.
(c) That vampires will shun the bar now.
(d) That vampires will attack him.
10. How old is Damian?
(a) Two hundred fifty years old.
(b) Five hundred years old.
(c) Eighty six years old.
(d) Over one thousand years old.
11. What police officer does Anita meet with in Chapter 23?
(a) Lieutenant Jamison Ford.
(b) Captain Pete McKinnon.
(c) Detective Clive Perry.
(d) Sergeant Dolph Storrs.
12. Why does Jean Claude think he can bring Damian back from the dead?
(a) He knows CPR and Damian hasn't been dead long.
(b) He's a powerful necromancer.
(c) He is a sorcerer who summons souls back from the dead.
(d) He's Damian's master and has a blood oath with him.
13. Why does Liv want Anita to look into her eyes in Chapter 12?
(a) To distract her while the Traveler attacks.
(b) To admire her new contact lenses.
(c) To see if her eyes look red or puffy.
(d) So she can capture Anita with her vampire powers.
14. Where do Anita and Jean Claude have dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Richard's house.
(d) Anita's condo.
15. Who does the son of the master of beasts strike and threaten to assault in Chapter 15?
(a) Jean Claude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry Kirkland doing when he is attacked in Chapter 1?
2. What causes Asher's scars?
3. What is a pyrokinetic?
4. Who arrives in Chapter 6 to protect Stephen and Nathaniel?
5. Why is Liv invited to Jean Claude's territory?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)