|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie believe the soldiers will try to get the jeep out of the water themselves?
(a) Their weapons and radio are there.
(b) They don't know what else to do.
(c) They have to have a ride back to base.
(d) They won't want to admit how stupid they were.
2. Why does Ellie say they left the radio at Grandma's house in the opening pages of chapter sixteen?
(a) The radio is too heavy for them to carry.
(b) They can't risk the kids getting it.
(c) They are afraid it will rain and the radio will get wet.
(d) They want Kevin to use it while they are away.
3. How does Ellie say the silence of the neighborhood is different now?
(a) There isn't a difference.
(b) There's a constant background of guns.
(c) It's an empty silence.
(d) She is different because she's killed people.
4. What is interesting about the dog named Cob that belonged to Ellie's grandmother?
(a) It slept on its back.
(b) It growled while it drank.
(c) It could be hypnotised.
(d) It drank lying down.
5. When are the teens supposed to contact Finley again?
(a) At sunrise the next morning.
(b) In an hour.
(c) The next time they are able to attack.
(d) The same time the next night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say a hero in a book would do to solve the problem of their hunger?
2. What is the name of the neighborhood where Ellie's grandmother lived?
3. Where does Ellie say she'd learned the most about life?
4. What movie does Fi quote as she and Ellie are talking about love?
5. Which of the following was not among the weapons the kids had when they attacked Ellie, Fi, and Homer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream Ellie has about Lee and what she thinks it might mean.
2. Describe how the group spends the night after the airport explosions.
3. What are Ellie's thoughts about hating the soldiers in general and especially those on the river bank?
4. Describe what happens to Ellie in the hours after she and Lee arrive home.
5. Briefly describe what happens when Ellie, Fi, and Homer are mugged.
6. Describe the trip to the trout farm.
7. What does Ellie do around her Grandma's house with her Grandma's possessions?
8. Why does Ellie want to make radio contact with Colonel Finley and what is her reaction after the call?
9. What does Ellie want to do when they finish butchering the lamb, what does Fi say about it, and what is Ellie's comment about change on this topic?
10. What does Ellie say about the damage from the war and what does it make her realize about herself?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)