|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who releases the parking brake the second time?
2. What are the tasks Ellie sets out to accomplish that she says takes the most time and energy?
(a) Watching out for attackers and hiding.
(b) Gardening and painting.
(c) Sweeping, dusting, and tidying.
(d) Cooking and washing clothes.
3. What does Lee say the girl named Reni did when the fighting started?
(a) Told him to run.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Begged the men to stop.
4. Why does Ellie say she was pleased to find sheep in a nearby field in chapter twenty?
(a) They can help hide Ellie's escape.
(b) There will be a barn nearby where they can hide.
(c) There will be water in the pasture. Her heart.
(d) They will provide food.
5. Why is Ellie surprised when two of the soldiers go back and pick up their guns?
(a) She'd seen Lee take the guns.
(b) She'd expected them to focus on the jeep.
(c) She thought they'd forgotten.
(d) The guns weren't where they left them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the argument over the night after the group catches trout?
2. What movie does Fi quote as she and Ellie are talking about love?
3. Where are they the night Homer again tries to contact Colonel Finley?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the group thinks they should contact the colonel?
5. What is the name of the neighborhood where Ellie's grandmother lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellie say she's worried about Lee is doing when he isn't at the house, and what is Lee's reaction when she asks what he's doing?
2. What does Ellie say has changed about how she and Fi act as compared to how they were before the war?
3. What does Fi mean when she talks about "our blear?"
4. What does Ellie do around her Grandma's house with her Grandma's possessions?
5. What do Ellie and the others discover when they get to the Winchester Heights neighborhood? What does she say is the "good news" and what is the "bad news?"
6. What is Ellie reaction when she realizes she's hurt Fi's feeling by saying Fi and Homer could never have a relationship.
7. What are some of the things Ellie and the others do to conceal the work they've done at her Grandma's house from the soldiers patrolling on motorbikes.
8. Describe what happens to Ellie in the hours after she and Lee arrive home.
9. What does Ellie say about the reason she believes they need to help the kids, and why do you believe this is important to her?
10. What does Ellie remember about Robyn's attitude regarding talking about yourself?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)