|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Fi says to Ellie when Ellie relieves her at watch after cooking the lamb?
(a) I'm starving.
(b) The kids are out there.
(c) There are a dozen dogs and cats nearby.
(d) A soldier patrol passed by.
2. What does Fi call one of the children who attacks them?
(a) A dude.
(b) A jerk.
(c) A snake.
(d) A moron.
3. How does Ellie alert Homer when she finds their possessions on the ground?
(b) Calls out.
4. Why does Ellie say she was pleased to find sheep in a nearby field in chapter twenty?
(a) They will provide food.
(b) There will be a barn nearby where they can hide.
(c) They can help hide Ellie's escape.
(d) There will be water in the pasture. Her heart.
5. Which of the following is among the things Ellie says she does in an effort to improve the atmosphere?
(a) Washing everyone's clothes.
(b) Cleaning the house.
(c) Making fruit salad.
(d) Weeding the flower garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say about the rules in this war zone where they're living?
2. What kind of tree does Ellie sit in for the first part of her watch?
3. What does Ellie do to distract the men who seem about to kill Lee?
4. Why does Ellie believe the soldiers will try to get the jeep out of the water themselves?
5. Where does Ellie hide when the soldiers arrive at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares Ellie when she's trying to find the sound of the crying and what does she say about it?
2. How does Lee say he met Reni?
3. Why does Ellie say she's worried about Lee is doing when he isn't at the house, and what is Lee's reaction when she asks what he's doing?
4. What does Ellie do around her Grandma's house with her Grandma's possessions?
5. What are the stories about hypnotism Ellie tells while they are floating down the river for the second day, and what makes her think about those stories?
6. What does Ellie say has changed about how she and Fi act as compared to how they were before the war?
7. Briefly describe the situation in which the jeep rolls into the river and the reason Ellie releases it for a second time.
8. What do Ellie and the others discover when they get to the Winchester Heights neighborhood? What does she say is the "good news" and what is the "bad news?"
9. How does Ellie go about leaving food out for the little kids, and what's the result?
10. Describe what happens to Ellie in the hours after she and Lee arrive home.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)