|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie and the others see coming toward them when they are driving down the runway after the explosion?
(a) A plane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A fire truck.
(d) A tank.
2. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
(a) Because there's a danger of flooding.
(b) Because people travel the creek banks and they are more likely to be found.
(c) Because the sound of running water will drown out other noises.
(d) Because there's a danger of snakes.
3. What does Fi want to do before the group leaves Hell?
(a) Call Colonel Finley to tell him they are leaving Hell.
(b) Build a cabin.
(d) Make a solid plan of where to meet if they're separated.
4. What does Ellie tell Fi to do as she, Lee, and Homer head out of the hangar?
(a) Look for food.
(c) Distract the men in the tower.
(d) Look for weapons.
5. Why does Ellie say she can't think and run at the same time?
(a) Not enough oxygen.
(b) She says she can.
(c) She isn't coordinated enough.
(d) She has to pay attention to where she's going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say is wrong with Lee's plan to release the tailgate?
2. Who opens the door for the group to leave the hangar?
3. Why does Ellie say it's bad that Kevin and Fi have lost their backpacks?
4. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
5. What does Fi say they need in order to get away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Colonel Finley say about the importance of the airfield at Wirrawee?
2. What is the problem Ellie faces when she realizes three jeeps are chasing them, and how does she solve the problem?
3. List three facts about the trip down the river.
4. Describe the moment immediately after Fi blows up the first tanker.
5. How do Ellie and the others get from the hut into the truck?
6. Describe what happens when a jeep tries to intercept Ellie's truck before the explosions.
7. Describe one of the summer storms Ellie remembers from before the war began.
8. What does Ellis say there is to do in Hell, and what do Homer and Kevin spend one entire afternoon doing?
9. What is the problem Ellie and Lee face as they are trying to shoot at the jeeps that are following them and how does that work to their advantage?
10. What does Ellie say her feelings are about the big truck after they stop?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)