|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie say she expected Lee to stand up for her when Kevin was angry at her?
(a) Lee hates arguments.
(b) Lee always stands up for anyone.
(c) Lee doesn't like Kevin.
(d) Because Homer did.
2. What is Kevin's reaction when Ellie tells him they're at the Wirrawee Airfield?
(a) He says they can destroy it..
(b) He laughs.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He says it's Ellie's fault.
3. What happens to end Ellie's daydreams about life on the ranch before the war?
(a) The truck slows down.
(b) The driver begins to shout.
(c) Fi throws up.
(d) A helicopter flies over.
4. What does Ellie imagine is crawling on her scalp when she's under the piles of felt in the back of the truck?
5. Why does Ellie say Fi was lucky with regard to her parents?
(a) She knows they are alright.
(b) She got to see them for half an hour.
(c) She knows they are dead.
(d) She helped them leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ellie and the others hide each time someone enters the hangar?
2. What does Lee say the soldiers are doing?
3. Why does Ellie say it's bad that Kevin and Fi have lost their backpacks?
4. How does Ellie get out of the truck she's in after the blast shoves them back?
5. What does Fi cry out after she fires at the tanker the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Ellie and the others do while they are at the dump prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
2. List two of the ways Ellie and Lee slow down or stop the jeeps that are following them?
3. What is Ellie's attitude in chapter four regarding being caught?
4. What happens to delay their shots when Fi and Ellie are finally in position to begin firing at the planes?
5. What is the game Ellie plays with herself regarding the fallen trees and what is the result of that?
6. Describe the near-miss with the airplane as the group is trying to get away in the garbage truck.
7. What does Ellie do after Homer's arrival in the barracks and why does she do this?
8. Describe one of the summer storms Ellie remembers from before the war began.
9. Describe the thoughts Ellie has as she's trying to decide whether to hide in the messy room or in the bathroom.
10. Describe the moment Ellie realizes someone is chasing them and what she does to avoid being captured.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)