|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say to Kevin that she says is "stupid and unforgivable?"
(a) That there's nothing to be afraid of.
(b) That he can stay behind if he's scared.
(c) That he's a baby.
(d) That they're all scared.
2. Why does Ellie want the group to go toward Holloway?
(a) They know there are lots of troops in that direction.
(b) They think they might make contact with allied forces.
(c) They haven't been that way yet.
(d) She thinks she might find her mother.
3. What is the name of the river Ellie and the others use to get farther from the airport?
(a) The Heron.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Bluegill.
(d) The Journey.
4. What does Ellie tell Fi to do as she, Lee, and Homer head out of the hangar?
(a) Distract the men in the tower.
(c) Look for weapons.
(d) Look for food.
5. Why does Fi say hiding in the truck is not an option for getting out of the hangar?
(a) The driver will surely check the back before he leaves.
(b) There isn't enough air in the truck and they'll suffocate.
(c) The truck might not leave for weeks.
(d) They can't be sure where the truck will go next.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellie usually hate the idea of having a map?
2. What does Ellie say was wrong with their water system on the farm the time they'd faced a wild fire?
3. Where does Ellie say the Dirty Dozen is by now?
4. How does Ellie know the two men she encounters outside the barracks are officers?
5. What kind of vegetable does Ellie say Kevin looks like after they announce their plans to attack the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem Ellie faces when she realizes three jeeps are chasing them, and how does she solve the problem?
2. Describe the near-miss with the airplane as the group is trying to get away in the garbage truck.
3. What does Ellie do after Homer's arrival in the barracks and why does she do this?
4. What are some of the things Ellie and the others do while they are at the dump prior to the arrival of the soldiers?
5. What plans does Ellie say they make for this new endeavor and what does she say about her feelings with regard to these plans?
6. Describe the moment immediately after Fi blows up the first tanker.
7. Describe one of the summer storms Ellie remembers from before the war began.
8. What happens to delay their shots when Fi and Ellie are finally in position to begin firing at the planes?
9. What are two of the things Ellie daydreams about during the time she's in the back of the truck?
10. What is the problem Ellie and Lee face as they are trying to shoot at the jeeps that are following them and how does that work to their advantage?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)