|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fi say she doesn't want to go to Stratton?
(a) It's too far to travel.
(b) She might run into someone she knows.
(c) It's too far from Hell.
(d) It's dangerous.
2. Which of the following is NOT among the items Ellie takes from the dormitory?
3. How many are in the group of teenagers now living in Hell?
4. What does Fi say they need in order to get away?
(a) A plan.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A faster truck.
(d) A boat.
5. What is Kevin's reaction when Ellie tells him they're at the Wirrawee Airfield?
(a) He says it's Ellie's fault.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He says they can destroy it..
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie imagine is crawling on her scalp when she's under the piles of felt in the back of the truck?
2. What does Ellie say are the two problems after the truck rams the jeep, killing the occupants?
3. Why does Ellie say summer storms are the wildest?
4. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
5. Ellie makes a comparison between the group and the jets, saying she and the others are like ants. What does she say the jets are like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the building they are in when Ellie and the others get out of the truck.
2. Describe the near-miss with the airplane as the group is trying to get away in the garbage truck.
3. What is Ellie's attitude in chapter four regarding being caught?
4. What are two of the things Ellie daydreams about during the time she's in the back of the truck?
5. What is the problem Ellie faces when she realizes three jeeps are chasing them, and how does she solve the problem?
6. Describe the moment Ellie realizes someone is chasing them and what she does to avoid being captured.
7. How do Ellie and the others get from the hut into the truck?
8. List three facts about the trip down the river.
9. Why doesn't Ellie shoot at the tanker when Fi is making her first shot, what's the result of that shot, and what does Ellie say about Fi's marksmanship?
10. List two of the ways Ellie and Lee slow down or stop the jeeps that are following them?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)