|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Homer say he wants to go to Stratton?
(a) His parents might be there.
(b) He hopes to find supplies there.
(c) It's nearer Hell.
(d) They might find another target.
2. What does Ellie say the first fuel tanker looks like as it "lumbers" toward the plane?
(a) A target.
(b) A jack-in-the-box.
(c) An old dinosaur.
(d) A rolling grease pit.
3. Where does Ellie say the Dirty Dozen is by now?
(a) Back in New Zealand.
(b) On the south side of Hell.
(c) The Wirrawee Showground.
(d) She doesn't know for sure.
4. Why does Ellie say she hopes they are taken to Wirrawee if they are captured?
(a) She believes her parents are there.
(b) They aren't wanted there.
(c) They might have a chance to escape on the way.
(d) She believes there are allied soldiers there.
5. Who suggests the group hid inside the truck once they realize they can't get away without being seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Darryl?
2. Who does Ellie say had gone on some mystery flights before the war?
3. What do Fi and Homer do with the stuffed animals they find at the dump?
4. What does Fi want to do before the group leaves Hell?
5. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie remember about Homer's habits with regard to shooting when he was young? How did she feel about this action?
2. What is the game Ellie plays with herself regarding the fallen trees and what is the result of that?
3. List three facts about the trip down the river.
4. What is Ellie's attitude in chapter four regarding being caught?
5. What did Colonel Finley say about the importance of the airfield at Wirrawee?
6. What is the problem Ellie faces when she realizes three jeeps are chasing them, and how does she solve the problem?
7. What plans does Ellie say they make for this new endeavor and what does she say about her feelings with regard to these plans?
8. Why doesn't Ellie shoot at the tanker when Fi is making her first shot, what's the result of that shot, and what does Ellie say about Fi's marksmanship?
9. How is the tension between Ellie and Kevin resolved in chapter two?
10. Describe one of the summer storms Ellie remembers from before the war began.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)