|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens the door for the group to leave the hangar?
2. What are the officers doing in the barracks?
(b) Looking for a missing soldier.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Looking for something to eat.
3. What does Ellie use to cover up the bodies of the officers and the blood on the floor?
4. What does Ellie say about the temperature when a summer storm hits in Hell?
(a) That it can fall fifteen degrees in half an hour.
(b) That it can fall to zero in a few hours.
(c) That it very seldom changes.
(d) That it becomes hotter like a sauna.
5. What happens to distract the officers so that Ellie has time to close the door to the barracks?
(a) A group of soldiers return from their run.
(b) A higher-ranking officer passes by.
(c) A jet flies over.
(d) Shots are fired nearby.
6. What does Ellie imagine is crawling on her scalp when she's under the piles of felt in the back of the truck?
7. How does Ellie get out of the truck once it stops moving?
(a) She goes through a hatch that open on top of the truck.
(b) She goes through the back door.
(c) She goes through a hatch that opens under the truck.
(d) She goes through a hatch into the cab.
8. Where does Lee ride as the group makes its getaway after the explosion?
(a) In the driver's seat.
(b) In the dump bed of the truck.
(c) In the middle of the front seat.
(d) In the back seat.
9. How does Ellie know the two men she encounters outside the barracks are officers?
(a) They have officer insignia on their caps.
(b) They are marching and yelling at other soldiers.
(c) They are driving a jeep.
(d) They have gold braid and are walking casually.
10. What is the first thing Ellie does after killing the two officers?
(a) Gets four more guns.
(c) Covers the bodies.
(d) Runs to the bathroom and throws up.
11. Ellie compares the Wirrawee Airfield to what?
(a) A bear's cave.
(b) A bad guy's hideout.
(c) A lion's den.
(d) A wasp nest.
12. Who does Ellie say had gone on some mystery flights before the war?
(a) Ellie and her parents.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Johnson.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Mathers.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Byers.
13. What does Ellie say she felt about storms prior to the war?
(a) That they were exciting.
(b) That they made more work.
(c) That they were the scariest thing she'd experienced.
(d) That there was nothing really scary about them.
14. How does Ellie discover the first jeep is chasing them?
(a) The men in the jeep shoot at the truck.
(b) Fi screams and points it out.
(c) She sees it in the rearview mirror.
(d) Lee points it out.
15. Who comes up with the idea to use the river to get away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say is the danger in driving too fast?
2. Where does Ellie say she knows they aren't going?
3. How many are in the group of teenagers now living in Hell?
4. How does Ellie get a gun once she's in the back of the truck?
5. Ellie makes a comparison between the group and the jets, saying she and the others are like ants. What does she say the jets are like?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)