|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among the five are driving the two trucks and Ellie and the others leave the hangar?
(a) Fi and Lee.
(b) Lee and Homer.
(c) Homer and Ellie.
(d) Kevin and Fi.
2. What does Lee say the soldiers are doing?
(a) Relaxing, playing cards, and watching television.
(c) Returning from a hike.
(d) Marching around.
3. How does Ellie get out of the truck once it stops moving?
(a) She goes through a hatch that opens under the truck.
(b) She goes through the back door.
(c) She goes through a hatch into the cab.
(d) She goes through a hatch that open on top of the truck.
4. What are the creatures Ellie says she's worried about as they are floating down the river?
5. Why does Ellie want the group to go toward Holloway?
(a) They know there are lots of troops in that direction.
(b) They haven't been that way yet.
(c) They think they might make contact with allied forces.
(d) She thinks she might find her mother.
6. What does Ellie say to Kevin that she says is "stupid and unforgivable?"
(a) That he can stay behind if he's scared.
(b) That they're all scared.
(c) That he's a baby.
(d) That there's nothing to be afraid of.
7. What does Kevin find in the little storage room?
(a) A toilet and cleaning supplies.
(b) Spare uniforms and personal supplies such as combs.
(c) Airplane fuel and tools.
(d) Shovels and hoes.
8. What does Ellie say might have caused the capture or deaths of the twelve New Zealand guerrillas?
(a) Their entrance to Hell was discovered.
(b) A malfunctioning gun.
(c) A plan that went wrong.
(d) Her scream.
9. What does Ellie say they'd tried to do this airport already?
(a) Direct soldiers to it.
(b) Find it.
(c) Photograph it.
(d) Destroy it.
10. Why does Ellie say both she and Fi are trying not to yell at Homer?
(a) He gets angry when people yell.
(b) He needs his attention on driving.
(c) He couldn't hear them anyway.
(d) They don't want to hurt his feelings.
11. Why does Fi say she doesn't want to go to Stratton?
(a) She might run into someone she knows.
(b) It's dangerous.
(c) It's too far to travel.
(d) It's too far from Hell.
12. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
(a) Because the sound of running water will drown out other noises.
(b) Because people travel the creek banks and they are more likely to be found.
(c) Because there's a danger of snakes.
(d) Because there's a danger of flooding.
13. What is Ellie's reaction when she realizes Homer is going to try to ram the fence?
(a) She knows they won't make it.
(b) She doesn't believe the truck is big enough to break through.
(c) She believes it's the right thing.
(d) She believes the truck will turn over.
14. Why does Homer say it's likely no one else heard the shots Ellie fired?
(a) There's lots of shooting around the base.
(b) The gun wasn't very loud.
(c) The soldiers are too far away to hear.
(d) A jet flew over just there.
15. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
(a) The others are sleeping.
(b) The others are hiding.
(c) The others are arguing.
(d) The others are eating breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trucks are in the hangar once the new trucks arrive?
2. What does Homer say when Colonel Finley asks if there's anything he can do for them?
3. What does Ellie do when they encounter a wombat on the trail?
4. Who was Darryl?
5. What happens to end Ellie's daydreams about life on the ranch before the war?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)