|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say about the temperature when a summer storm hits in Hell?
(a) That it can fall fifteen degrees in half an hour.
(b) That it very seldom changes.
(c) That it becomes hotter like a sauna.
(d) That it can fall to zero in a few hours.
2. How many trucks are in the hangar once the new trucks arrive?
3. What does Ellie say she remembers her hockey coach saying about the timid player?
(a) They are the one to watch out for.
(b) They are the one to get hurt.
(c) They are the one to score.
(d) They are the most valuable players.
4. Who was Darryl?
(a) The man who always traded junk with Ellie's dad.
(b) The man who dug out the Aga Ellie's father had dumped.
(c) Ellie's uncle.
(d) The man who ran the dump before the war.
5. What do Fi and Homer do with the stuffed animals they find at the dump?
(a) Throw them at each other.
(b) Throw them in the creek to see which will float.
(c) Pull the stuffing out of them.
(d) Throw rocks at them.
6. Ellie makes a comparison between the group and the jets, saying she and the others are like ants. What does she say the jets are like?
7. What is it that Jem stops Scout from killing in the book, "To Kill a Mockingbird?"
(a) A cat.
(b) A roly-poly.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A butterfly.
8. What was Homer doing when Fi announced the officers had entered the barracks where Ellie was hiding?
(a) Eating a melon.
(b) Using the toilet.
(d) Drawing a map with Lee.
9. Why does Ellie say she expected Lee to stand up for her when Kevin was angry at her?
(a) Lee always stands up for anyone.
(b) Lee hates arguments.
(c) Lee doesn't like Kevin.
(d) Because Homer did.
10. How does Ellie know they are being shot at as she and the others are getting into the big garbage truck?
(a) A window breaks in the truck.
(b) She hears the shots.
(c) Bullet holes appear in the truck.
(d) Lee tells her.
11. What does Ellie use to cover up the bodies of the officers and the blood on the floor?
12. Who suggests the group hid inside the truck once they realize they can't get away without being seen?
13. What does Homer do the moment Ellie makes the jump from the cab of the truck to the back?
(a) Speeds up.
(b) Slows down.
(d) Shouts at her to be careful.
14. Who is the first to figure out the group has arrived at the airfield?
15. How does Ellie discover the first jeep is chasing them?
(a) The men in the jeep shoot at the truck.
(b) Lee points it out.
(c) Fi screams and points it out.
(d) She sees it in the rearview mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say she felt about storms prior to the war?
2. How far does Ellie estimate they've traveled in their first hour on the river?
3. What does Ellie say they'd tried to do this airport already?
4. Ellie compares the Wirrawee Airfield to what?
5. Who among the five are driving the two trucks and Ellie and the others leave the hangar?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)