|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee do with the radio when they are packing up to leave Hell?
(a) Wraps it in plastic and leaves it in one of the tents.
(b) Puts it in a box and buries it.
(c) Puts it in a box and leaves it in a secret cave where food is hidden. .
(d) Wraps it in plastic and puts it in his pack.
2. What does Homer have that helps get Lee and Fi out of the truck?
(a) A crowbar.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A hammer.
(d) An iron bar.
3. Which of the following does Ellie NOT mention as having been dumped at the tip?
(a) A computer.
(b) Piles of books.
(c) A car.
(d) Exploded bottles.
4. Where do Ellie and the others hide when the trucks arrive at the dump?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In a gorge.
(c) Behind some bushes.
(d) In the woods.
5. Why does Fi say she doesn't want to go to Stratton?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) She might run into someone she knows.
(c) It's too far to travel.
(d) It's too far from Hell.
6. What does Ellie say is the danger in driving too fast?
(a) They might stall the engines.
(b) They might lose control of the trucks and wreck.
(c) They might bring attention to themselves.
(d) They might miss their turn.
7. Who was Darryl?
(a) Ellie's uncle.
(b) The man who dug out the Aga Ellie's father had dumped.
(c) The man who ran the dump before the war.
(d) The man who always traded junk with Ellie's dad.
8. Why does Fi say hiding in the truck is not an option for getting out of the hangar?
(a) The truck might not leave for weeks.
(b) There isn't enough air in the truck and they'll suffocate.
(c) The driver will surely check the back before he leaves.
(d) They can't be sure where the truck will go next.
9. Why does Lee say they can't jump out of the truck while it's moving?
(a) The door is locked from the outside.
(b) The trucks following them would see them.
(c) They can't be sure where they are going.
(d) The driver would see them in the rearview mirror.
10. How does Ellie know they are being shot at as she and the others are getting into the big garbage truck?
(a) A window breaks in the truck.
(b) She hears the shots.
(c) Lee tells her.
(d) Bullet holes appear in the truck.
11. What does Lee say the soldiers are doing?
(a) Marching around.
(b) Returning from a hike.
(c) Relaxing, playing cards, and watching television.
12. How does Ellie discover the first jeep is chasing them?
(a) Lee points it out.
(b) The men in the jeep shoot at the truck.
(c) She sees it in the rearview mirror.
(d) Fi screams and points it out.
13. What does Ellie say is wrong with Lee's plan to release the tailgate?
(a) They might kill someone.
(b) They need a screwdriver.
(c) It might come in toward them.
(d) They won't have much cover.
14. Why does Ellie say it's bad that Kevin and Fi have lost their backpacks?
(a) They had the medical supplies.
(b) They won't have any blankets.
(c) They had the last of the food rations.
(d) They will have to share the food the others have.
15. Why does Ellie say both she and Fi are trying not to yell at Homer?
(a) They don't want to hurt his feelings.
(b) He couldn't hear them anyway.
(c) He needs his attention on driving.
(d) He gets angry when people yell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kevin's reaction when Ellie tells him they're at the Wirrawee Airfield?
2. What was Homer doing when Fi announced the officers had entered the barracks where Ellie was hiding?
3. What does Ellie do when they encounter a wombat on the trail?
4. What does Ellie tell Fi to do as she, Lee, and Homer head out of the hangar?
5. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)