|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie say Fi was lucky with regard to her parents?
(a) She knows they are alright.
(b) She helped them leave the country.
(c) She knows they are dead.
(d) She got to see them for half an hour.
2. Why does Ellie want the group to go toward Holloway?
(a) They know there are lots of troops in that direction.
(b) They haven't been that way yet.
(c) She thinks she might find her mother.
(d) They think they might make contact with allied forces.
3. Who suggests the group hid inside the truck once they realize they can't get away without being seen?
4. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
(a) Because there's a danger of flooding.
(b) Because the sound of running water will drown out other noises.
(c) Because people travel the creek banks and they are more likely to be found.
(d) Because there's a danger of snakes.
5. What does Ellie say she remembers her hockey coach saying about the timid player?
(a) They are the one to score.
(b) They are the most valuable players.
(c) They are the one to watch out for.
(d) They are the one to get hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many are in the group of teenagers now living in Hell?
2. What do Fi and Homer do with the stuffed animals they find at the dump?
3. Why does Ellie say Lee is "burning" for action?
4. Where do Ellie and the others hide when the trucks arrive at the dump?
5. Why does Lee say they can't jump out of the truck while it's moving?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)