|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Jem stops Scout from killing in the book, "To Kill a Mockingbird?"
(a) A roly-poly.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A cat.
2. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
(a) The others are sleeping.
(b) The others are hiding.
(c) The others are arguing.
(d) The others are eating breakfast.
3. Where does Ellie say the Dirty Dozen is by now?
(a) She doesn't know for sure.
(b) On the south side of Hell.
(c) The Wirrawee Showground.
(d) Back in New Zealand.
4. Why does Lee say they can't jump out of the truck while it's moving?
(a) The door is locked from the outside.
(b) The driver would see them in the rearview mirror.
(c) They can't be sure where they are going.
(d) The trucks following them would see them.
5. Why does Ellie say she hopes they are taken to Wirrawee if they are captured?
(a) They aren't wanted there.
(b) She believes her parents are there.
(c) They might have a chance to escape on the way.
(d) She believes there are allied soldiers there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to end Ellie's daydreams about life on the ranch before the war?
2. What does Ellie say she remembers her hockey coach saying about the timid player?
3. What month is it when Ellie and the others are in the truck?
4. What does Ellie say might have caused the capture or deaths of the twelve New Zealand guerrillas?
5. What does Ellie imagine is crawling on her scalp when she's under the piles of felt in the back of the truck?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)