|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellie say the Dirty Dozen is by now?
(a) On the south side of Hell.
(b) Back in New Zealand.
(c) The Wirrawee Showground.
(d) She doesn't know for sure.
2. What does Ellie say to Kevin that she says is "stupid and unforgivable?"
(a) That he's a baby.
(b) That he can stay behind if he's scared.
(c) That they're all scared.
(d) That there's nothing to be afraid of.
3. Why does Lee say they can't jump out of the truck while it's moving?
(a) The driver would see them in the rearview mirror.
(b) The trucks following them would see them.
(c) The door is locked from the outside.
(d) They can't be sure where they are going.
4. Where do Ellie and the others hide when the trucks arrive at the dump?
(a) In a gorge.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Behind some bushes.
5. What does Ellie say might have caused the capture or deaths of the twelve New Zealand guerrillas?
(a) Their entrance to Hell was discovered.
(b) Her scream.
(c) A plan that went wrong.
(d) A malfunctioning gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fi and Homer do with the stuffed animals they find at the dump?
2. What month is it when Ellie and the others are in the truck?
3. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
4. What does Lee do with the radio when they are packing up to leave Hell?
5. What does Ellie say she felt about storms prior to the war?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)