|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say to Kevin that she says is "stupid and unforgivable?"
(a) That they're all scared.
(b) That there's nothing to be afraid of.
(c) That he can stay behind if he's scared.
(d) That he's a baby.
2. What is it that Jem stops Scout from killing in the book, "To Kill a Mockingbird?"
(a) A cat.
(b) A roly-poly.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A butterfly.
3. What does Ellie say about the temperature when a summer storm hits in Hell?
(a) That it can fall to zero in a few hours.
(b) That it very seldom changes.
(c) That it can fall fifteen degrees in half an hour.
(d) That it becomes hotter like a sauna.
4. Why does Ellie say Lee is "burning" for action?
(a) He is always anxious to be moving.
(b) He found out his parents have been died.
(c) He is seeking revenge for the loss of his farm.
(d) He hates the invading army.
5. Why does Ellie say summer storms are the wildest?
(a) Because they usually include thunder.
(b) Because Ellie and her friends are outdoors.
(c) Because there is often hail.
(d) Because they're usually unexpected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many are in the group of teenagers now living in Hell?
2. Where do Ellie and the others hide when the trucks arrive at the dump?
3. What does Ellie say is happening in camp when she returns after the walk at the beginning of chapter three?
4. What does Ellie say she felt about storms prior to the war?
5. Who was Darryl?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)