|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 & 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie say the river would be safer as it became darker?
(a) The soldiers will give up and go back to base.
(b) The soldiers will be too tired to pay close attention.
(c) The soldiers will be using spotlights, making it easy to see where they are.
(d) The soldiers won't be able to see them.
2. Who suggests the group hid inside the truck once they realize they can't get away without being seen?
3. What does Ellie do for Fi the morning after their arrival at her Grandma's house?
(a) Brings her breakfast.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Gives her a haircut.
(d) Takes her tuen at watch.
4. What does Homer say when Colonel Finley asks if there's anything he can do for them?
(a) Bring them food.
(b) Furnish some ammunition.
(c) Get them out of the country.
(d) Find their parents.
5. Why does Ellie say both she and Fi are trying not to yell at Homer?
(a) He needs his attention on driving.
(b) They don't want to hurt his feelings.
(c) He gets angry when people yell.
(d) He couldn't hear them anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellie say summer storms are the wildest?
2. How long does it take the soldiers to get the jeep started again after they get it out of the river?
3. Who volunteers for the first sentry duty that night?
4. What happens to end Ellie's daydreams about life on the ranch before the war?
5. What happens to distract the officers so that Ellie has time to close the door to the barracks?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)