Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(b) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(c) He has not broken any laws at all.
(d) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
2. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
(a) He detests it but his racism causes him to feel they are all guilty.
(b) He loathes it but does not resist the duty.
(c) He feels superior to the criminals and revels in his duty.
(d) He refuses to pursue anyone who is not a serious criminal.
3. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) He is busy buying his groceries.
(b) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(c) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(d) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
4. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
5. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she is wet from swimming in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory not get to propose to Elizabeth?
2. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
3. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)