|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) prove his worth to the white men.
(b) defend the queen.
(c) be a parasite upon them
(d) defeat the weak among his own people.
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of love and respect.
(d) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was refusing to become a man.
4. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
(c) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(d) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) ungrateful to the English.
(b) afraid of offending the English.
(c) too submissive to the English.
(d) planning to overthrow the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although he takes no action, what does Flory know would be the decent thing to do about the letter?
2. Ko S'la is __________________.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)