|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The wind and cold
(d) The oppressive heat
2. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from England
(b) A letter from Macgregor
(c) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(d) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
3. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(b) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(c) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
(d) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a journey into their hearts.
(b) an oppressive struggle.
(c) a wonderland of beauty.
(d) a relief from the heat of the day.
5. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(b) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(c) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(d) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
2. How does MacGregor start his day?
3. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Flory start his day?
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)