|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Local pariah
(b) Lord of all he surveys
(c) Spineless cur
(d) Misunderstood genius
2. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(b) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
(c) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
(d) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
3. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Guilt and self-loathing
(c) Fear and resentment
(d) Courage and exhilaration
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
(a) he is not to blame for his ignorance of polite social behavior.
(b) he always regrets his behavior.
(c) he never suffers serious consequences.
(d) he often apologizes afterward.
5. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He hates Burma.
(b) He could not function without his servants.
(c) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
(d) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
4. Who are Francis and Samuel?
5. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)