|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(b) Halie cried in joy.
(c) No one knew him.
(d) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
2. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(b) The minister, and friend.
(c) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(d) The host of the church meetings.
3. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Since the death of Ansel
(b) Tilden's return
(c) Bradley's return
(d) Thirty years
4. What reaction did Dodge show after the buried baby is discovered?
(a) He buried the baby alive.
(b) He gave it to childless family so it would be loved.
(c) He was so angry he killed the baby.
(d) He loved it and found joy in it's presence.
5. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
(b) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Being the mother of Ansel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
2. Who is Ansel?
3. Who behaves most rationally in this play?
4. How would Sam Shepherd describe this family structure?
5. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)