|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
2. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
3. Where does Halie go after Dodge confronts her?
(a) Leaves the family.
(d) To the kitchen.
4. What type of family structure best describes this family?
(a) Happy go lucky.
(b) Open and loving.
5. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(c) The letter from Father Dewis.
(d) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the head of the family at the end?
2. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
3. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
4. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
5. Why did the police come to the farm?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)