|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Turned her back on him.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Play tricks.
2. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(b) She wroked in the chruch.
(c) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(d) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
3. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
(a) Visiting Ansel.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) Upstairs off stage.
(d) With Father Dewis.
4. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Halie and Father Dewis.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Dodge and Halie.
5. When does Shelly leave?
(a) When she meets Bradley.
(b) After breakfast dishes were done.
(c) Before Halie returns.
(d) When she finds out what is happening in this family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father Dewis deal with the spiritual problems of this family?
2. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
3. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
4. What brings about the climax of the story?
5. What happens to Halie during the final act?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)