|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Sam Shepard describe this family structure?
(a) Moving closer to their goals for the farm.
(b) Finally buiding the monument for Ansel.
(c) On their way to restoration.
(d) Total chaos.
2. Who later married Shelly in the story?
(a) No one. Shelly leaves the farm and nothing more is known about her.
(b) Bradley marries Shelly after Shelly breaks up with Vince.
(c) Vince marries Shelly after introducing her to his family.
(d) Tilden marries Shelly and they have two daughters and one son.
3. What gives the story a little hope at the end?
(a) The fact that there are younger people who can look after the house.
(b) The fact that Vince will be taking over the farm.
(c) The fact that there is nothing left in the backyard.
(d) The fact that Shelly returns to New Mexico.
4. Who behaves most rationally in this play?
5. What is the theme of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shelly?
2. Who owned this farm?
3. Which statement best describes the conflict in Act 3?
4. How does Vince deal with his family's rejection?
5. What was the result of the police's visit to the farm?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)