|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
(a) With Father Dewis.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) Upstairs off stage.
(d) Visiting Ansel.
2. What is the "Buried Child?"
(a) It is Ansel's child-to-be who is never born in the first place.
(b) It is Shelly's baby whom she buried in the backyard as a result of her miscarriage.
(c) It is the baby born out of an incestuous affair between mother and son, killed by its grandfather, and buried in the backyard.
(d) It is all the unborn babies who are aborted by their parents.
3. How would Sam Shepard describe this family structure?
(a) On their way to restoration.
(b) Total chaos.
(c) Moving closer to their goals for the farm.
(d) Finally buiding the monument for Ansel.
4. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
(a) An evil, spiteful, vengeful man.
(b) The head of Bradley's household.
(c) The father of Tilden's children.
(d) The man with a wooden leg.
5. How does "Chaos Theory" apply to literature?
(a) It refers to the juxtaposition of two concepts: the ever present uncertainty in the universe and the structure that holds the world together.
(b) It refers to the many personalities of any one character which inevitably brings chaos.
(c) It refers to the layer upon layer of destruction that happens in the family.
(d) It refers to the many layers of dysfunctionality in this family and society in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Halie expecting of Tilden?
2. Which statement best describes the conflict in Act 3?
3. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
4. How did Dodge betray his family?
5. Who were Vince and Shelly going to see at their destination?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)