|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
(a) She tries to pretend that her marriage and family are strong.
(b) She is in the garden club.
(c) She constructs grave stones.
(d) She loves vegetables.
2. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(a) Father Drewis.
3. Who spent time in jail?
(d) Father Dewis.
4. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
(a) The church members.
(c) The hotel staff.
(d) Marrying a Catholic.
5. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The back porch.
(c) The church.
(d) The vegtable garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
2. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
3. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
4. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
5. Who is Ansel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)