|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) Living room in an Illinois farm house.
(b) The backporch overlooking the garden.
(c) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(d) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
2. What happened to Ansel?
(a) He continued to pick vetables from the backyard garden.
(b) Died on his honeymoon.
(c) Cut off his leg with a chain saw.
(d) Took all the tools from the farm.
3. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She loved to make quilts.
(b) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(c) She had a very good herb garden.
(d) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
4. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(b) Father Drewis.
5. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(b) Soil for house plants.
(c) Garden tools.
(d) Flowers for Halie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set off this family toward disaster?
2. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
3. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
4. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
5. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)