|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area can be seen from the living room during the play?
(a) The back yard.
(b) The vegtable garden.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The church.
2. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Father Dewis.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and Ansel.
3. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) A light reference to a dark family secret.
(b) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(c) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
(d) That Tilden was a practicing Catholic.
4. Who has a security blanket?
5. Why does Halie say she doesn't want Tilden to go outside?
(a) Bradley will cut his hair.
(b) Dodge will hide from him.
(c) Father Dewis will pray for him.
(d) She doesn't want him to get wet in the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ansel's action does Halie detest the most?
2. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
3. Halie pretends to care for who?
4. What is the backdrop for this play?
5. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)