|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who usually comes home drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Halie and Father Dewis.
2. How can one tell that Halie is somewhat afraid of Bradley?
(a) She doesn't want him to get upset over a disarrayed house.
(b) She runs upstairs when he shows up.
(c) She stays with her neighbor.
(d) She doesn't go out of the bedroom.
3. Who has a security blanket?
4. Which statement best describes Dodge's life?
(a) His life is confined to the couch, television, and a bottle.
(b) He is devoted to his children.
(c) He is proud of his wife.
(d) He is very active and loves to jog.
5. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Being the mother of Ansel.
(b) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two?"
2. Why did Sam Shepard choose a farm as the setting of this play?
3. Who is Ansel?
4. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
5. How many granddaughters did Dodge and Halie have?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)