|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ansel?
(a) Tilden and Halie's son.
(b) Dodge and Shelly's son.
(c) Dodge and Halie's son.
(d) Bradley and Shelly's brothe.r
2. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) That he saw a small face inside his face.
(b) Was not good enough for her.
(c) He was more like a brother.
(d) He always went for a bottle.
3. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Being the mother of Ansel.
(b) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
4. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) The brokeness of the family structure.
(b) Their hunger for vegetables.
(c) How much they miss Ansel.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
5. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Halie cried in joy.
(b) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(c) No one knew him.
(d) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main theme of this play?
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
3. Why does Father Dewis come by?
4. What is in Illinois?
5. Where was Halie in Act 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)