|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(b) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(c) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(d) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
2. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Father and husband
(b) Father Drewis' partner
(c) Halie's lover
(d) Son and friend
3. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(c) New Mexico.
4. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(b) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(c) Joy overflows their relationship.
(d) She is faithful to her vows.
5. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Dodge and Shelly.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Vince and Halie.
(d) Halie and Tilden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character was on stage during Act one?
2. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
3. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
4. When is Ansel to come home?
5. What is the main theme of this play?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)