|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halie pretends to care for who?
2. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Helped him carry the carrots.
(b) Turned her back on him.
(c) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Play tricks.
3. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Father Dewis's face.
(b) The face of Ansel.
(c) Dodge's smile.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
4. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Bradley and Vince.
(b) Father Dewis and Halie.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Dodge and Halie.
5. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(b) When will Bradley be home?
(c) Where is Ansel?
(d) Who is this Father Dewis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
2. Who was in New Mexico?
3. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
4. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
5. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)