|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(b) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(c) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(d) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
2. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(b) In New Mexico.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
3. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(b) The back porch.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The living room on the sofa.
4. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(a) New Mexico.
5. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
(b) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(c) A caring and loving wife and mother.
(d) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Vince been gone?
2. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
3. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
4. What is the main theme of this play?
5. How does Halie treat Dodge?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)