|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Eddie’s cousin who was recently murdered in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Mr. Stiles live in the novel?
(a) North Fresno.
(b) South Fresno.
(c) East Fresno.
(d) West Fresno.
3. When he is given a special task by Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2, Eddie is overjoyed that Mr. Stiles trusts him to borrow what?
(a) His truck.
(b) His gun.
(c) His tools.
(d) His dog.
4. How old is Eddie’s mother in Chapter 3?
(a) Her 60s.
(b) Her 50s.
(c) Her 80s.
(d) Her 70s.
5. When was the novel Buried Onions published?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eddie’s mother and aunt visit him in Chapter 3, they immediately begin searching his kitchen for what?
2. The girl who calls Eddie in Chapter 3 invites him to come to her house to do what?
3. What does Eddie refer to his mother and aunt as in Chapter 3?
4. What does Eddie ask his mother and aunt to do as he leaves his apartment in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Eddie bike daily to do odd jobs in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angel visit Eddie in Chapter 3? How does Eddie respond?
2. What do Eddie and José find when they stop to pick up onions after eating in Chapter 4?
3. How is the relationship between Eddie and José described in Chapter 4?
4. What does José represent symbolically to Eddie in the narrative?
5. Where do Eddie and José go to eat in Chapter 4? Who do they encounter there?
6. How does Eddie respond to the news about Jesús’s murder in Chapter 4?
7. Who visits Eddie after he leaves Mr. Stiles’s house in Chapter 3?
8. Who does Eddie believe will have brighter futures as described in Chapter 1? Why?
9. What does Eddie’s aunt bring him daily in Chapter 1? Why?
10. What does Eddie discover at the dump in Chapter 2?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)