|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used as reference to U.S. citizens of Mexican descent?
(b) El timbre.
2. When Eddie returns to his apartment after leaving Mr. Stiles’s home in Chapter 3, his mother and what aunt arrive for a visit?
3. What term refers to mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation?
4. When he is given a special task by Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2, Eddie is overjoyed that Mr. Stiles trusts him to borrow what?
(a) His tools.
(b) His gun.
(c) His truck.
(d) His dog.
5. Angel visits Eddie and shows him what in Chapter 3?
(a) A gun.
(b) Lots of money.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
2. What local gangster solicits Eddie to help him avenge Eddie’s cousin’s death in Chapter 1?
3. Most of the residents of Eddie’s neighborhood are descended from what heritage?
4. What technical skill was Eddie studying before dropping out of school?
5. What branch of the military has José joined in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Eddie and José described in Chapter 4?
2. Who visits Eddie after he leaves Mr. Stiles’s house in Chapter 3?
3. Who has stolen the truck in Chapter 2? What is Eddie’s response to the situation?
4. What causes Eddie’s sense of fear in Chapter 1?
5. What do Eddie and José find when they stop to pick up onions after eating in Chapter 4?
6. How does Eddie respond to the news about Jesús’s murder in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Angel visit Eddie in Chapter 3? How does Eddie respond?
8. What does José represent symbolically to Eddie in the narrative?
9. What does Eddie take to Mr. Stiles’s home in Chapter 3?
10. What errand does Mr. Stiles ask Eddie to do in Chapter 2?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)