|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been returned to Eddie’s home when he arrives after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
(a) His bike.
(b) His books.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His wallet.
2. Where does Eddie see Angel as he leaves the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) In Jesús’s room.
(b) At the bottom of the stairs.
(c) In the pharmacy.
(d) In Samuel’s room.
3. When Coach takes Eddie to a “secret” spot in Chapter 7, he realizes it is the same place that he and other high school kids went to do to what?
(a) Use drugs.
(b) Make out.
(d) Go hiking.
4. What does the road kill represent symbolically in Chapter 9?
(a) The war.
(b) Eddie’s mind.
(c) The military.
(d) Eddie’s lost loved ones.
5. What does Eddie explain to Mr. Stiles in the note that he leaves him in Chapter 3?
(a) That he has joined the army.
(b) That the truck was stolen.
(c) That he has taken another job.
(d) That he still wants to work for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls up in his mother’s car and offers Eddie a ride in the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. When Eddie arrives home in Chapter 9, he spends how many days recovering?
3. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means to embrace or hug?
4. What local gangster solicits Eddie to help him avenge Eddie’s cousin’s death in Chapter 1?
5. Angel visits Eddie and shows him what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)