|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to a related series of incidents in a literary plot that build toward the point of greatest interest?
(c) Rising action.
2. At what institution did Gary Soto earn his M.F.A. in poetry?
(a) The University of Alaska, Fairbanks.
(b) The University of California, Irvine.
(c) The University of Wisconsin, Madison.
(d) The University of Nevada, Reno.
3. What is among the tortillas brought to Eddie by his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) A few photographs.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A gun.
4. Eddie is accused of saying bad words by a child riding what in Chapter 3?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A unicycle.
(c) A skateboard.
(d) A tricycle.
5. What refers to writing or speech primarily intended to convey information or to explain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eddie’s aunt who brings him tortillas every day in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Eddie bike daily to do odd jobs in Chapter 1?
3. How old was Gary Soto when his father died?
4. When was the novel Buried Onions published?
5. What pests inhabit Eddie’s apartment much to his chagrin in the novel?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)