|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Eddie spend at home alone feeling sorry for himself after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Coach make a phone call in order to help Eddie in Chapter 6?
(d) Mr. Stiles.
3. How old is Eddie’s mother in Chapter 3?
(a) Her 80s.
(b) Her 60s.
(c) Her 70s.
(d) Her 50s.
4. What does Eddie leave at Mr. Stiles’s residence when he does not return in Chapter 2?
(a) His hat.
(b) His bike.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His tools.
5. What is among the tortillas brought to Eddie by his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A few photographs.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What local gangster solicits Eddie to help him avenge Eddie’s cousin’s death in Chapter 1?
2. What Spanish slang word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to the backside or buttocks of a person?
3. Who requests Eddie's assistance with painting the lines on the field in Chapter 5?
4. Who whacks Eddie from behind while he is at Angel’s home in Chapter 8?
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that will come later in the story?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)