|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a desired result an animal, person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, Eddie says, "I wanted to sprint straight into the future, but I kept” what?
(a) “Going in circles.”
(b) “Taking detours.”
(c) “Driving the scenic route.”
(d) “Going backwards.”
3. What younger gang leader tries to cause trouble with Eddie in Chapter 5?
4. What does Eddie explain to Mr. Stiles in the note that he leaves him in Chapter 3?
(a) That he has taken another job.
(b) That he still wants to work for him.
(c) That the truck was stolen.
(d) That he has joined the army.
5. The girl who calls Eddie in Chapter 3 invites him to come to her house to do what?
(a) Go on a date.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does José take Eddie for breakfast in Chapter 4?
2. When Eddie’s mother and aunt visit him in Chapter 3, they immediately begin searching his kitchen for what?
3. What does Angel think Eddie is doing with paint cans in the narrative?
4. José tells the man selling onions that he will buy how many sacks in Chapter 4?
5. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself, often of a more abstract nature?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)