|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what institution did Gary Soto earn his M.F.A. in poetry?
(a) The University of Alaska, Fairbanks.
(b) The University of Wisconsin, Madison.
(c) The University of Nevada, Reno.
(d) The University of California, Irvine.
2. What is among the tortillas brought to Eddie by his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) A few photographs.
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A gun.
3. What word used in Chapter 6 means to burn or reduce to ashes?
4. After Eddie leaves from his visit with Coach, he goes home to do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Call Norma.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Change clothes.
5. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 refers to a trowel, or hand tool with a curved blade used in gardening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel think Eddie is doing with paint cans in the narrative?
2. What term refers to a related series of incidents in a literary plot that build toward the point of greatest interest?
3. In Chapter 7, Eddie says, “"Coach had known most of us when we were knee-high gangsters with” what “hanging from our mouths”?
4. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means a scolding or admonishment?
5. Who tells Eddie that Angel killed Jesús in Chapter 4?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)