|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eddie’s mother and aunt visit him in Chapter 3, they immediately begin searching his kitchen for what?
(b) Cat food.
2. What pests inhabit Eddie’s apartment much to his chagrin in the novel?
(d) Howler monkeys.
3. When was the novel Buried Onions published?
4. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
5. What refers to writing or speech primarily intended to convey information or to explain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Eddie while his mother and aunt are visiting in Chapter 3?
2. What is stolen while Eddie stops by his apartment before returning to his job for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2?
3. What does Eddie leave at Mr. Stiles’s house along with a note in Chapter 3?
4. Most of the residents of Eddie’s neighborhood are descended from what heritage?
5. When did author Gary Soto earn his B.A. degree in English?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)