|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area of the city is Eddie’s apartment, as described in Chapter 1?
(a) The northwest.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The southeast.
2. When Eddie arrives as his godmother’s house in Chapter 5, he calls whom to ask for money?
(b) His mother.
3. What term refers to mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation?
4. What is Eddie’s principle mode of transportation in the novel?
(a) A car.
(c) His bike.
(d) The bus.
5. Eddie receives a call from a girl who works where in Chapter 3?
(a) A used bookstore.
(b) The City College cafeteria.
(c) A car dealership.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eddie’s mother and aunt visit him in Chapter 3, they immediately begin searching his kitchen for what?
2. What refers to the area of the Central Valley of California that lies south of the Sacramento – San Joaquin River Delta in Stockton?
3. What item does Eddie spot and take with him while running an errand for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Juan’s sister in the barrio who is close to Eddie’s age?
5. What refers to writing or speech primarily intended to convey information or to explain?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)