|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Agnes' and Sigga's belongings in Chapter 6?
(a) They are given to their families.
(b) They are given away to the poor.
(c) They are put up for auction.
(d) They are all burnt.
2. What happens to the baby after Inga gives birth?
(a) It is crying so hard that the family has to leave it outside.
(b) It is given milk and a warm bed.
(c) It is given away, because they do not have enough money.
(d) It is handed to Agnes to hold.
3. Who does Agnes first see when she reaches Illugastadir?
4. Why does Karitas, Blondal's housekeeper, stop Reverend Toti before he leaves in Chapter 7?
(a) She tells him that Agnes has always been a liar, and that she was jealous of Natan's relationship with Sigga.
(b) She says that Natan is a bad man and got what he deserved.
(c) She wants him to know that Natan was a liar to Agnes, and he cured Blondal's wife, so Blondal is biased.
(d) She asks him to bring a message to Agnes, because they were friends before, and this was unfair.
5. What does Bjorn, Agnes' childhood foster-father, not like?
(a) Agnes' poor reading and writing.
(b) Agnes calling him, "Pabbi."
(c) The close relationship Agnes had with his wife, Inga.
(d) The way Agnes wore her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes give to Roslin to help with the birth?
2. As revealed in Chapter 10, when Natan and Daniel return from being away on a fishing trip, what does he accuse Agnes of?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Lauga hear about Agnes in relation to the execution?
4. After being sick for a long time, Reverend Toti wakes up in Chapter 11, and what does his father tell him?
5. What would Natan maybe do if he found a book of psalms in the house, according to Sigga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agnes recount Natan's unexpected demeanor?
2. After realizing that her sister was dead, what was Agnes' reaction?
3. Why does Margret worry about the relationship she is fostering with Agnes?
4. What did Daniel, Natan's worker, say to Agnes about her relationship? Why?
5. How does Agnes reply to Reverend Toti's absence?
6. How does Agnes describe her feelings and relationship with Natan after having a dream?
7. How does Agnes approach Natan's work as a medicinal man? Why is her response ironic?
8. What was Agnes' first impression of Sigga when she arrives at Illugastadir?
9. What exactly happens in Agnes' dream of Reverend Toti, which is the true first time she met him?
10. In Poet-Rosa's poem to Natan Ketilsson, what overall message does she convey to him?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)