|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eldest sister in the Jonsdottir family?
(b) They are the same age.
(c) They are not sisters.
2. Why does Reverend Bjarnason stop by the Jonsortti farm in Chapter 9?
(a) He wants to ensure that Agnes is not poisoning the girls' minds.
(b) He wants to ensure the family is still going to church.
(c) He wants to ensure the family is in the soul register of Underfell's parish.
(d) He wants to ask the family about their daily spiritual rituals.
3. Why did Agnes leave Natan's farm, as described in Chapter 11?
(a) He kicked her out.
(b) He could not afford to keep her as a servant.
(c) He said that he would murder her.
(d) She was scared for her life.
4. Before the crime, how do Agnes and Natan meet?
(a) Agnes goes to work for Natan.
(b) Natan is friends of her foster-family.
(c) They are introduced by mutual friends.
(d) They meet at a farm while she is working in Geitaskard.
5. From what point of view is this narrative told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Narrative point of view.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Agnes do before working at Kornsa?
2. What happens to Agnes' and Sigga's belongings in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Steina burn before her parents can see it?
4. Who does Margret speak poorly about when her friend, Roslin, visits in Chapter 3?
5. What does Fridrik do in order to marry Sigga?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)