|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Agnes' foster-mother, Inga?
(a) She does not want Agnes and tries to give her away to another family.
(b) She hates Agnes, because Agnes is smarter than her.
(c) She leaves the family when Agnes is young.
(d) She dies during childbirth.
2. Who welcomes Reverend Toti to the church in Chapter 4?
(a) Jon Jonssori.
(b) Reverend Thomason.
(d) Haukur Jonsson.
3. Who was young Agnes hearing calling to her from the storehouse, in her memory described in Chapter 6?
4. How does Reverent Toti's demeanor change toward Agnes from Chapter 3 to Chapter 4?
(a) He decides he must act like a strong man.
(b) He wants her to memorize all the Christian sagas.
(c) He realizes she needs a friend to listen.
(d) He finds her to be repulsive and leaves.
5. How does Margret treat Agnes when she arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) She cleans Agnes up and gives her water.
(b) She leaves Agnes alone in a room.
(c) She tells Agnes to sleep outside in the shed.
(d) She does not speak to Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the murderers be executed in Iceland?
2. When Reverend Toti shares Blondal's advice about his spiritual counseling in Chapter 7, how does Agnes respond?
3. What does Agnes believe is punishment coming from God in Chapter 3?
4. What is one way Agnes Magnusdottir believes others see her in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 5, how does Agnes describe her family as a child?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)