|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Agnes do before working at Kornsa?
(a) She was a cook.
(b) She was a devoted mother.
(c) She was a worker.
(d) She had a serving position.
2. Why does Jon Jonsson Jonsdottir abruptly leave the farm for Hvammur in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to speak about the situation of harboring a murderess.
(b) He is going to visit his brother.
(c) He wants to see see the burial grounds of the future victims.
(d) He wants to fight another Commissioner.
3. Who does Agnes' mother take with her after she leaves Agnes behind as a young girl?
(a) Her brother, Joas.
(b) Her brother, Gundar.
(c) Her younger sister, Gretchen.
(d) Her father.
4. How does Agnes feel about the way "truth" is understood by people, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) The ruth is overrated and, people think it is more valuable than it really is.
(b) People use the truth to pretend they are Christian.
(c) Truth is a precious thing, and that one should always speak the truth.
(d) People create truth, and it does not matter whom that person truly is.
5. What is the name given to Natan by his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes contemplate the first day on the Jonsson farm in Chapter 3?
2. What is the most accurate advice Reverend Toti's father gives him about making the right decision to advise Agnes?
3. Where will Natan Ketilsson's possessions be sold? (Chapter 1)
4. How does Agnes describe how other people think about her crime?
5. How does Margret feel about the men sent to protect her family in Chapter 2?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)