|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what point of view is this narrative told?
(a) Narrative point of view.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
2. Why does Jon Jonsson Jonsdottir abruptly leave the farm for Hvammur in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to fight another Commissioner.
(b) He is going to visit his brother.
(c) He wants to speak about the situation of harboring a murderess.
(d) He wants to see see the burial grounds of the future victims.
3. What are the names of the two daughters in the Jonsdottir family?
(a) Steina and Agnes.
(b) Steina and Lauga.
(c) Agnes and Sigga.
(d) Margret and Lauga.
4. How is Natan murdered, as described in Chapter 3?
(a) He is left in the cold to die.
(b) He is stabbed in the belly.
(c) He is beaten to death.
(d) He is strangled.
5. Where was Agnes born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lauga get angry at Steina when the District Commissioner arrives in Chapter 1?
2. Where is the Jonsdottir family's farm?
3. How does Agnes feel about the way "truth" is understood by people, as described in Chapter 4?
4. Why does the District Commissioner feel it is appropriate for him to ask the Jonsdottir family to house a murderer?
5. What does Agnes believe is punishment coming from God in Chapter 3?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)