|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margret treat Agnes when she arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) She tells Agnes to sleep outside in the shed.
(b) She leaves Agnes alone in a room.
(c) She does not speak to Agnes.
(d) She cleans Agnes up and gives her water.
2. Why will the murderers be executed in Iceland?
(a) The District Commissioner wants to see the executions.
(b) The families of the victims wants to see the executions.
(c) Iceland is where the murders took place.
(d) It is an economical decision.
3. What does Agnes contemplate the first day on the Jonsson farm in Chapter 3?
(a) She wants to steal Margret's brooch.
(b) She wants to become friends with the girls.
(c) She wonders if she'll be beaten.
(d) She wonders if she can escape or if she should.
4. Where was Agnes born?
5. What does the Ministry Book say about Agnes in Chapter 4?
(a) She has an excellent intellect, strong knowledge and understanding of Christianity.
(b) She has four children by two different men.
(c) She is like any other woman.
(d) She is uneducated, a poor worker, and a disloyal woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Agnes' mother take with her after she leaves Agnes behind as a young girl?
2. Where is the Jonsdottir family's farm?
3. Why is the Jonsdottir mother, Margret, distressed at the beginning of the novel?
4. When Bjorn is asleep what does Inga do with young Agnes?
5. Who is the mistress of the Jonsdottir farm?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)