|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Blondal write a letter to about the execution axe?
(a) Natan Ketilsson.
(b) His Majesty.
(c) Deputy Governor of North-East Iceland.
(d) Reverend Toti.
2. How does Blondal prove to Reverend Toti in Chapter 7 that Agnes was the one who Agnes killed Natan?
(a) Agnes was angry that Natan refused to marry her and murdered him out of revenge.
(b) A witness saw Agnes with a bloody knife after the killings, and Fridrik was at home with his family.
(c) All women are evil and will do anything to get what they want.
(d) Natan is murdered by a stab to the belly, and Fridrik would not have done this, because he knows how to kill animals and would have slit his throat.
3. What happens when Roslin, Margret's friend, goes into labor?
(a) The weather is very bad, and Roslin has to walk miles for help.
(b) Margret laughs at her for having another child when she already has five.
(c) The child is wayward.
(d) Roslin's husband is angry at her for not being stronger.
4. What is Natan holding in Agnes' dream in Chapter 3?
(a) A pair of scissors covered in blood.
(b) A glass beaker filled with the scum off brewing herbs.
(c) A raven who flies away after Agnes arrives.
(d) A picture of Agnes' mother.
5. Where does young Agnes go after losing her foster-family?
(a) A parish.
(b) Alone in the cold weather.
(c) Back to her real mother.
(d) Another loving family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who welcomes Reverend Toti to the church in Chapter 4?
2. What is the real reason Roslin visits her friend, Margret in Chapter 3?
3. What happens to Agnes' last possession in Chapter 3?
4. Whose belongings are being auctioned off in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What was Natan's true profession?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)