Prologue - Chapter 2
1. Where does this story take place?
2. Who speaks from the first person perspective more than any other character?
3. How does Agnes describe how other people think about her crime?
(a) "I will vanish into the air and night" (1).
(b) "They said that I must die. They said that I stole the breath from men, and now they must steal mine" (1).
(c) "There was a moment during that night when I looked back" (1).
(d) "Sometimes I think I see it again, the farm, burning in the dark" (1).
4. From what point of view is this narrative told?
(a) Narrative point of view.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. Who is "they" in the following sentence: "They will blow us all out, one by one, until it is only their light by which they are themselves" (Prologue)?
(a) The villagers.
(c) Her executioners.
(d) Agnes' father.
This section contains 6,770 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)