|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the trial after the strike allow the government to do?
2. What does Greer take a picture of in the city that he tells Marisa about?
3. Where do the black men sit in the public square?
4. What is Rosa's profession when she grows up?
5. What does Clare tell Rosa about the cause and her involvement in it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offering does the baby boy make to Rosa? Where does the item come from, and what is its significance?
2. What does Rosa recollect after the death of the man in the public square concerning her parents, Tony and Conrad?
3. What recollections does Rosa have and why is she thinking about the past in after her visit to the Terblanche's home?
4. What is the relationship between Noel and Rosa? How long does it last? How does it end?
5. What information does Rosa give the journalist concerning her parents?
6. What memory does Rosa describe as she and Conrad stop in front of her dad's house one evening while taking a walk?
7. What does Rosa feel shortly before she leaves Fats' house?
8. Why do Rosa and Tony go stay with the Nels and for how long?
9. What happens at Ivy and Dick Terblanche's home on the day that Rosa goes to visit?
10. What does Clare want Rosa to do and how does Rosa react to the request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rosa's view of death after the man dies in the public square. How does she equate the death of the ordinary man to her parents' deaths and to her brother's death?
Essay Topic 2
How has fighting for a cause been too costly for Doctor Lionel Burger and his family?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rosa react concerning her passport before she leaves the country? What is she afraid of? Why is she afraid? What occurrences happen that she reacts to?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)