Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mealie?
2. What are the colors of Rosa Burger's uniform?
3. What does the old-maid school teacher do to the Burger family?
4. How many black miners participated in the strike of 1946 in South Africa?
5. What does Clare want from Rosa when she goes to her apartment to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rosa detained and what becomes of her?
2. What is the reason for Flora's party? What specifically do the women discuss?
3. How is Rosa's life different than her cousin who carries her name?
4. What horrific event takes place on June 16th 1976 in South Africa?
5. What does Clare want Rosa to do and how does Rosa react to the request?
6. What is the party for that Georges plans and what does Gaby do for Rosa for the party? How does Pierre react?
7. What happened in the morning in the city that Marisa wants to know more about ,and what does Greer tell her about it?
8. What is the meeting between Marisa and Rosa all about?
9. What does Greer offer to give Rosa, and how does she feel about it?
10. What specifically transpires in the first meeting between Brandt and Rosa?
How does Rosa react concerning her passport before she leaves the country? What is she afraid of? Why is she afraid? What occurrences happen that she reacts to?
Flora arrives at the prison and knocks hard at the door the door to be let in to drop off a package for Rosa and Clare. How have things come full circle based on this scene? Explain the irony of the circle.
Compare Rosa to Greer. What are each of the strengths and weaknesses in regards to the fight against apartheid? How does Greer's involvement differ from Rosa? Do they both have the same goals?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)