|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Greer sentenced for?
2. What gift from Africa has Rosa brought Madame Bagnelli?
(a) A leather belt.
(b) A wooden figurine.
(c) A wooden necklace.
(d) A picture of her father.
3. What does Fats want as he explains to Rosa when he visits her?
(a) To get weapons to fight back.
(b) To find a way to stop the shootings.
(c) To be a witness at her trial.
(d) To get his wife and children out of South Africa.
4. What horrific damage does Rosa see in one eight year old girl?
(a) She has lost her eye.
(b) She had lost her legs.
(c) She has lost an arm.
(d) She has been shot in the head.
5. How many homes does Rosa visit in a number of months in the town in which her father died?
6. Why is Georges planning a party for Manolis?
(a) It is their anniversary.
(b) He is exhibiting his paintings.
(c) It is his birthday.
(d) He is having a book published.
7. What city does Rosa visit where her father's ex-wife lives?
(a) Moscow, Russia.
(b) Nice, France.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
8. What does Bernard do for a living?
(a) He is a professional student.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a novelist.
(d) He is a journalist.
9. According to the architect at Donna's party, he thinks that the Leftist view of life is what?
(a) That the Left is what is wrong with Socialism.
(b) Happiness needs institutions to protect it.
(c) Freedom is the condition of happiness.
(d) Rationalism destroys heaven.
10. What does Rosa think her future should include with Bernard?
(a) Leavind his wife and children behind.
(b) Raising his children with him.
(c) A child of their own.
11. Who is able to visit Rosa in jail?
(a) Just Flora.
(b) The Nels.
(c) Flora and Brandt.
(d) Just Brandt.
12. What does Katya notice about Rosa when she dines with her and Bernard at breakfast?
(a) Rosa wears make-up.
(b) Rosa barely eats.
(c) Rosa serves Bernard.
(d) Rosa dresses well.
13. How long does it take Rosa to go back to the town where her father died?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
14. What happens to Rosa's Swedish lover because of his involvement with her?
(a) He is never issued a visa to Africa again.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) His journalistic integrity is ruined.
(d) His wife leaves him.
15. What does the government assume Rosa is trying to get from the Nationalists?
(a) A job.
(b) A book about her father.
(c) A passbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rosa, what is everything done in the name of?
2. What does Georges say that Rosa could make a living at in France?
3. What does Rosa do after she hangs up the phone with Bassie?
4. How does Didier attempt to aid Rosa with her cut toe?
5. How long does Rosa plan on being in London before Bernard arrives?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)