|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Greer on trial for?
2. What happens to Rosa's Swedish lover because of his involvement with her?
(a) His wife leaves him.
(b) His journalistic integrity is ruined.
(c) He is never issued a visa to Africa again.
(d) He is exiled.
3. What does Rosa do after she hangs up the phone with Bassie?
(a) She calls Bernard.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She throws the phone.
(d) She breaks things.
4. From what day forward has Rosa been under surveillance?
(a) From the day she met Marisa shopping.
(b) From the age of fourteen when she stood outside the prison.
(c) From the day she was seen in the city at the raid.
(d) From the day she dined at Fats' house.
5. As the novel closes, who is the last person to receive a letter from Rosa?
(c) Madame Bagnelli.
6. According to Rosa, what is everything done in the name of?
(c) Future generations.
7. Brandt wants assurance that Rosa will not visit whom when she travels?
(b) The Swede.
(d) Her half-brother.
8. What do Bernard and Rosa plan on doing together at some point in the future?
(a) Opening a cafe.
(b) Driving across the country.
(d) Taking a ship somewhere.
9. What does Katya notice about Rosa when she dines with her and Bernard at breakfast?
(a) Rosa barely eats.
(b) Rosa dresses well.
(c) Rosa serves Bernard.
(d) Rosa wears make-up.
10. According to Rosa, how does suffering end?
(a) In fighting.
(b) In suffering.
(c) In triumph.
(d) In death.
11. Where does Bernard suggest he and Rosa travel to at Donna's party as the French Algerians are making a fortune there?
(d) French Guinea.
12. What does the government know of Rosa's actions in London?
(a) She was in contact with Bassie.
(b) She sttended a rally for Frelimo leaders.
(c) She was working with a journalist to tell of the horrors in South Africa.
(d) She was a member of the French Anti-Apartheid Movement.
13. Why can't Rosa and Bernard live together?
(a) She does not want to move to Paris.
(b) She does not want to leave Katya.
(c) He does not want to move to Nice.
(d) He is married.
14. What is the first item that Madame Bagnelli stops to purchase after she and Rosa leave the airport?
15. How many times do Rosa and Bernard meet before he discovers who she is in relation to Lionel?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government assume Rosa is trying to get from the Nationalists?
2. What does Rosa tell Brandt that she needs his help to do?
3. How does Rosa describe Christine Chabalier?
4. Who is Donna obliged to entertain one evening?
5. What quote does Bernard use when he speaks of his wife and children to Rosa?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)