|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katya notice about Rosa when she dines with her and Bernard at breakfast?
(a) Rosa wears make-up.
(b) Rosa dresses well.
(c) Rosa barely eats.
(d) Rosa serves Bernard.
2. What does Rosa believe is the reason that Katya cheated on Lionel with Dick?
(a) Because Katya was trying to forget the cause.
(b) Because Katya wanted the attention she was not getting.
(c) Because Lionel was not in love with Katya.
(d) Because Katya was not of Lionel's caliber.
3. Where does Bernard suggest he and Rosa travel to at Donna's party as the French Algerians are making a fortune there?
(b) French Guinea.
4. From what day forward has Rosa been under surveillance?
(a) From the day she dined at Fats' house.
(b) From the age of fourteen when she stood outside the prison.
(c) From the day she was seen in the city at the raid.
(d) From the day she met Marisa shopping.
5. What does Rosa tell Brandt that she needs his help to do?
(a) Find a better job.
(b) Remove herself from the political realm.
(c) See Europe.
(d) See America.
6. What quote does Bernard use when he speaks of his wife and children to Rosa?
(a) He lives among them, not with them.
(b) He is not being disloyal to them.
(c) They don't miss him when he is gone.
(d) They all still love each other.
7. What happens to Rosa's Swedish lover because of his involvement with her?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) He is never issued a visa to Africa again.
(d) His journalistic integrity is ruined.
8. What does Rosa state is her underlying reason for going to stay with Katya?
(a) To learn about her father's past.
(b) To learn how to defect from her father.
(c) To see how others live in another country.
(d) The African government won't look for her there.
9. Whose hand does Rosa hold as she walks through the streets of Paris?
(a) Madame Bagnelli's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) A pickpocket.
10. What do Bernard and Rosa plan on doing together at some point in the future?
(b) Driving across the country.
(c) Taking a ship somewhere.
(d) Opening a cafe.
11. Where does Madame Bagnelli suggest that Rosa stay in the house?
(a) Upstairs with the room with a terrace.
(b) In the apartment over the garage.
(c) In the back of the downstairs by the garden.
(d) Downstairs next to her room.
12. What does Gaby do for Rosa for Manolis' party?
(a) She makes her a hat.
(b) She teaches her some French terms.
(c) She makes her a dress.
(d) She brings her a date.
13. What do Katya and Rosa go to hear one evening that is described as a ravishing pitch hit again and again?
(a) An opera singer.
(c) A boys' choir.
(d) The nightingales.
14. Who is Arnys?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A politician.
(c) A singer who owns a bar.
(d) A friend of Rosa's.
15. Who does Rosa tell that she is leaving the country?
(b) Her boss.
(d) No one except maybe Marisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa believe that the revolutionaries will think of her leaving the country?
2. What is Flora's meeting about that Rosa is hesitant to attend?
3. What does the government know of Rosa's actions in London?
4. How does Didier attempt to aid Rosa with her cut toe?
5. Why does Rosa go visit the Nels?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)