|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40- 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what do many people come to Lionel's home for?
(a) Legal advice.
2. What two items does Rosa bring with her to the fortress in the opening pages of the novel?
(a) Food and clothes.
(b) A quilt and food.
(c) A quilt and a water bottle.
(d) A book and a dress.
3. How does Lionel Burger die?
(a) Of a throat infection in prison.
(b) He is beaten in prison.
(c) Starvation in prison.
(d) Heart attack in prison.
4. Why is the group knocking at the prison door in the opening pages of the novel?
(a) They came for visiting hour.
(b) They were promised they could deliver supplies to their loved ones.
(c) They came to revolt.
(d) They came to complain.
5. Who is Bassie?
(a) Lily's brother.
(b) The black boy who lived with the Burgers.
(c) The Burger's dog.
(d) A worker at the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Theo?
2. What is Rosa's profession when she grows up?
3. How long do Tony and Rosa stay with their Aunt Velma?
4. What does the watchman come to see Conrad about?
5. What memory does Rosa recall one night as she and Conrad walk past her old house?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)