|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 40- 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items does Rosa bring with her to the fortress in the opening pages of the novel?
(a) A quilt and a water bottle.
(b) Food and clothes.
(c) A quilt and food.
(d) A book and a dress.
2. How does Rosa's brother die?
(a) In prison.
(b) He drowns.
(c) On the run.
(d) Of a terminal disease.
3. Why has Lionel been imprisoned?
(a) For theft.
(b) For treason.
(c) For attmepting to overthrow the government.
(d) For fighting against apartheid.
4. What memory does Rosa recall one night as she and Conrad walk past her old house?
(a) The night her mother died.
(b) The day her brother died.
(c) The night Sipho was shot.
(d) The day they arrested her father.
5. In what year of his imprisonment does Lionel die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bassie?
2. Of what does Rosa's mother die?
3. Who is Lily?
4. Before his death, what do many people come to Lionel's home for?
5. How old is Rosa Burger on the day that she first goes to the prison?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)