|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1990s, Buffett was worth:
2. Buffett differed from other CEOs in that he:
3. What stock did Buffett begin to buy in the fall of 1988?
4. At the end of 1986, the approximate share price of Berkshire was?
5. Berkshire was most active in:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buffett describe the difference between his public and private lives?
2. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
3. What was Buffett's attitude about sharing his wealth with his children?
4. What kind of stocks did Buffett look for?
5. Why did Buiffett invest in Salomon?
6. What did Buffett do with his textile mills?
7. What did Buffett plan to do with his wealth when he died?
8. Buffett was interested in buying media companies in the 1980s. Why did he invest in Cap Cities through Berkshire?
9. What are zero coupon bonds that were being used to finance LBO?
10. What was the outcome of the government case against Salomon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Warren Buffett? How did he make his fortune? How does he differ from the other great American capitalists? What was his major strength?
Essay Topic 2
What was Buffett's role in the government's case against Salomon Brothers? What position did Buffett take in the situation? Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Buffett prosper during the insurance market problems in the 1990s? What did he do that others didn't? Explain the concept of float and how it applied to insurance companies in your answer.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)