|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Buffett made a loan to one of his children:
2. What information did Jon Gutfruend withhold?
3. Why is finance the opposite of investing?
4. Buffett's new worth was approximately:
5. Buffett's annual shareholders meetings differed from those of other companies because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the first things Buffett did at Salomon?
2. Why did Buiffett invest in Salomon?
3. What are zero coupon bonds that were being used to finance LBO?
4. Why wasn't Buffett adversely affected by the insurance market problems in 1985?
5. How does Buffett describe the difference between his public and private lives?
6. What did Buffett do with his textile mills?
7. Buffett's career was based on the Graham and Dodds theory of investing. What are the basis of Buffet's beliefs based on the teachings of Graham and Dodds?
8. What did Buffett plan to do with his wealth when he died?
9. What was one of Buffett's biggest fears in 1980?
10. Buffett was interested in buying media companies in the 1980s. Why did he invest in Cap Cities through Berkshire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett didn't like losses but like anyone in business, he suffered his failures and losses. How did Buffett deal with failures and business losses? What did they signify to him?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think of Warren Buffett as a person, given what you have learned during the unit on this book? Do you think he is basically a good person? Why or why not? What aspects of Buffett don't you like?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Warren Buffett? How did he make his fortune? How does he differ from the other great American capitalists? What was his major strength?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)