|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Nebraska Furniture Mart was owned by:
2. Buffett's theory of trading is based on:
3. Which of the following is not part of Buffett's guide to selecting stocks?
4. At the end of 1986, the approximate share price of Berkshire was?
5. What did Susie unexpectedly do at the age of forty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett plan to do with his wealth when he died?
2. Salomon became the object of an SEC and Justice Department investigation because of their bond trading. What did they do?
3. What was the outcome of the government case against Salomon?
4. What did Buffett do with his textile mills?
5. How did Buffett learn about the Nebraska Furniture Mart?
6. What kind of stocks did Buffett look for?
7. How many people are employed at Buffett's world headquarters?
8. Why did Buiffett invest in Salomon?
9. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
10. What are referred to as Buffett's sweetheart deals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of return on equity? Why did Buffett emphasize this? What happened when the Washington Post followed his advice?
Essay Topic 2
What is an investment partnership? What were the terms of Buffett's partnership? What was his strong point in his sales pitches? Would you have felt comfortable with the terms?
Essay Topic 3
What was the basis of the Efficient Market Theory? Why did Buffett disagree with it? What were his reasons? On what did he base his investment decision?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)