|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other kind of family-owned business did Buffet buy?
2. Why did US Air lose money after Buffett's investment?
3. How long did Buffett go without buying any common stock after the Cap Cities deal in 1985?
4. When Gutfreund resigned:
5. The head of Salomon was:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett do with his textile mills?
2. Why did Buiffett invest in Salomon?
3. Salomon became the object of an SEC and Justice Department investigation because of their bond trading. What did they do?
4. What was one of Buffett's biggest fears in 1980?
5. How does Buffett describe the difference between his public and private lives?
6. What was the outcome of the government case against Salomon?
7. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
8. What did Susie do at the age of forty five?
9. Why wasn't Buffett adversely affected by the insurance market problems in 1985?
10. What was the newer Efficient Market Theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Warren Buffett? How did he make his fortune? How does he differ from the other great American capitalists? What was his major strength?
Essay Topic 2
What is an investment partnership? What were the terms of Buffett's partnership? What was his strong point in his sales pitches? Would you have felt comfortable with the terms?
Essay Topic 3
What characteristics did Warren Buffett have as a child that exhibited his natural abilities for business? Was he preoccupied with money? Why or why not?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)