|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the three stocks that Buffett heavily invested in the 1960?
2. As a child, Warren Buffett had a 'thirst' for __________.
3. What kind of stocks were most popular at this time?
4. Warren first ran away at the age of:
5. Every year, Warren and Susie would:
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of business did Warren have in Washington DC in high school?
2. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
3. How did Warren handle investments for others? What were his terms?
4. Why did Buffett close the partnership to new accounts in 1966?
5. How did Buffett help GEICO?
6. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
7. What did Buffett conclude about American Express
8. What did Buffett do from 1969 - 1973?
9. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
10. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think of Warren Buffett as a person, given what you have learned during the unit on this book? Do you think he is basically a good person? Why or why not? What aspects of Buffett don't you like?
Essay Topic 2
What was Buffett's strategy for buying companies? How did he finance them? Did he take an active role in their management or did he sit in the background?
Essay Topic 3
How did Buffett prosper during the insurance market problems in the 1990s? What did he do that others didn't? Explain the concept of float and how it applied to insurance companies in your answer.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)