|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did the partnership buy that Warren became chairman of?
2. Why did Warren complete a Dale Carnegie course after completing business school?
3. What did the young Warren trust?
4. These kinds of funds in this era were characterized as:
5. How old was Warren when his father became Congressman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Warren interested in as a child?
2. What was Buffett's advice to Katherine Graham and the Washington Post?
3. How did Warren handle investments for others? What were his terms?
4. How did Buffett communicate with his partners?
5. What were Warren's classmates' views of him?
6. What were Buffett's plans for Berkshire?
7. What did twelve-year-old Warren have to say about money when asked why it was so important to him?
8. What was the outcome of the anti-trust suit?
9. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
10. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Buffett's view on giving to social programs, particularly during the early 1970? Give some examples. Do you agree with his reasoning? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the basis of the Efficient Market Theory? Why did Buffett disagree with it? What were his reasons? On what did he base his investment decision?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Buffett's attitude toward his wealth? Why was he so secretive? Why did he always tell his children that they would never have any of his money? How would you characterize the Buffett home?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)