|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Warren's major passion outside of work?
2. Buffett told his partners all but the following:
3. The Post company controlled all but the following:
4. What did the Evening News do that resulted in an anti-trust suit?
5. What was the most important aspect of American Express?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Buffett was interested in a company, he studied the financial data. For companies like Berkshire and American Express, what else did he do?
2. What was Buffett's advice to Katherine Graham and the Washington Post?
3. How did Warren handle investments for others? What were his terms?
4. Where was Warren Buffett born and raised?
5. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
6. What did twelve-year-old Warren have to say about money when asked why it was so important to him?
7. What did Berkshire-Hathaway produce?
8. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
9. How did Buffett communicate with his partners?
10. How did Buffett become active in stock trading again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mergers and acquisitions craze of the 1980s. What are Buffett's views on hostile takeovers? What were his views on corporate raiders and their effect on companies and society?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Warren Buffett? How did he make his fortune? How does he differ from the other great American capitalists? What was his major strength?
Essay Topic 3
Buffett has been characterized as an accumulator and one who hangs on to things? Comment on this? Do you think it is true? Why or why not?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)