|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout his years in school, Buffett said he would live in:
2. Which of the following is not one of the terms of Warren's partnership?
3. Which is not one of the three stocks that Buffett heavily invested in the 1960?
4. Warren worked on all of the following during this period:
5. The key question in the anti-trust suit was:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
2. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
3. What did Berkshire-Hathaway produce?
4. What were Buffett's plans for Berkshire?
5. What were Buffett's views on religion?
6. What did Buffett conclude about American Express
7. What were Warren's views about attending college?
8. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
9. How did Buffett communicate with his partners?
10. What was Berkshire-Hathaway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Buffett's attitude toward his wealth? Why was he so secretive? Why did he always tell his children that they would never have any of his money? How would you characterize the Buffett home?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Warren Buffett? How did he make his fortune? How does he differ from the other great American capitalists? What was his major strength?
Essay Topic 3
What was Buffett's strategy for buying companies? How did he finance them? Did he take an active role in their management or did he sit in the background?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)