|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buffett began buying stocks:
2. While reaching Ben Graham, Warren learned about a company called:
3. Buffett bought enough of Berkshire to:
4. What did Warren's father tell him when he returned from running away?
5. The SEC inquiry was concerned with:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buffett help GEICO?
2. What was happening with other mutual funds by early 1967?
3. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
4. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
5. What brought on the SEC investigation of Buffett and Munger?
6. How did Buffett become active in stock trading again?
7. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
8. When Buffett was interested in a company, he studied the financial data. For companies like Berkshire and American Express, what else did he do?
9. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
10. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What characteristics did Warren Buffett have as a child that exhibited his natural abilities for business? Was he preoccupied with money? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Buffett was concerned with the continuity of Berkshire after his death. What provisions did he make for the company? Who, if anyone, would take over? Why did he assure his investors that there wouldn't be any significant stock sales?
Essay Topic 3
What is an investment partnership? What were the terms of Buffett's partnership? What was his strong point in his sales pitches? Would you have felt comfortable with the terms?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)