|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1964, Stanton:
2. What did Buffett advise his partners of in May 1967?
3. Buffett Partnership was Berkshire's biggest stockholder by:
4. What did the young Warren trust?
5. Which of the following was not one of the three companies that Buffett used to purchase stock and other companies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett invest in after dissolving his partnership in May 1969?
2. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
3. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
4. What did Buffett conclude about American Express
5. How did Buffett become active in stock trading again?
6. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
7. How did Buffett communicate with his partners?
8. What did Buffett feel was most important in the evaluation of a company?
9. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
10. What were Buffett's plans for Berkshire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett didn't like losses but like anyone in business, he suffered his failures and losses. How did Buffett deal with failures and business losses? What did they signify to him?
Essay Topic 2
What was the basis of the Efficient Market Theory? Why did Buffett disagree with it? What were his reasons? On what did he base his investment decision?
Essay Topic 3
Buffett has been characterized as an accumulator and one who hangs on to things? Comment on this? Do you think it is true? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)