|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of Buffett's guide to selecting stocks?
(a) doing his own market analysis.
(b) ignoring macroeconomic trends and forecasts.
(c) stocks within one's circle of competence.
(d) trading on tips.
2. When Gutfreund resigned:
(a) a massive fraud was uncovered.
(b) the company went out of business.
(c) he was indicted.
(d) Warren Buffett stepped in as CEO.
3. Daughter Susie moved back to Omaha when:
(a) she became ill.
(b) her husband became the manager of the Buffet Foundation.
(c) Warren offered her money.
(d) she divorced her husband.
4. Buffett's role in protecting certain CEOs from takeovers was referred to as:
5. When Buffett is described as a gorilla, it refers to:
(a) none of the above.
(b) his manner of negotiation.
(c) his protecting CEOs from a takeover.
(d) his gruff manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Buffett buy into Cap Cities?
2. In the 1980-84 period, insurance companies:
3. Berkshire was most active in:
4. What does Buffett say about the hostile takeover of Time?
5. By the end of 1988, the Berkshire share price was approximately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Buffett's attitude about sharing his wealth with his children?
2. What was the newer Efficient Market Theory?
3. What kind of stocks did Buffett look for?
4. What were Buffett's views on hostile takeovers?
5. What did Susie do at the age of forty five?
6. How many people are employed at Buffett's world headquarters?
7. What was the outcome of the government case against Salomon?
8. What stock did Buffett begin purchasing in 1988?
9. What did Buffett do with his textile mills?
10. What are referred to as Buffett's sweetheart deals?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)