|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to denote risk?
2. Buffett looked for stocks:
(a) that had a product he believed in.
(b) whose value was greater than its price.
(c) that had an attractive annual report.
(d) that was owned by people he knew.
3. What was Buffett's annual Christmas gift to each of his children?
(a) ten shares of Berkshire stock.
(b) anything they wanted.
(c) $10,000 the tax deductible limit on gifts to family members.
4. Buffett wanted his money to be used for:
(a) social good.
(b) whatever Susie wanted.
(c) his children.
(d) whatever he wanted.
5. Daughter Susie moved back to Omaha when:
(a) her husband became the manager of the Buffet Foundation.
(b) she became ill.
(c) she divorced her husband.
(d) Warren offered her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salomon grew from 1955 on when they announced:
2. When Buffett is described as a gorilla, it refers to:
3. The Efficient Market Theory says that:
4. By the 1990s, Buffett was worth:
5. Regarding his textile mills, in the early 1980s, Buffett:
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of stocks did Buffett look for?
2. Salomon became the object of an SEC and Justice Department investigation because of their bond trading. What did they do?
3. What were Buffett's views on hostile takeovers?
4. What was one of the first things Buffett did at Salomon?
5. How many people are employed at Buffett's world headquarters?
6. What are zero coupon bonds that were being used to finance LBO?
7. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
8. What was one of Buffett's biggest fears in 1980?
9. What stock did Buffett begin purchasing in 1988?
10. Why wasn't Buffett adversely affected by the insurance market problems in 1985?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)