|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the 1990s, Buffett was worth:
(a) $250 million.
(b) $500 million.
(c) $620 million.
(d) $1 billion.
2. Buffett's role in protecting certain CEOs from takeovers was referred to as:
3. Mrs. B began in the furniture business by:
(a) buying a small furniture store and selling it.
(b) working as a clerk in a furniture store in Omaha.
(c) selling furniture out of her basement.
(d) working in her father's store in Minsk.
4. By the end of 1988, the Berkshire share price was approximately?
5. Soon after Buffett arrives in New York, he learns that:
(a) the Treasury has banned Salomon from its auctions.
(b) the government dropped its investigation.
(c) the situation is more serious than he thought.
(d) he is voted off the board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is used to denote risk?
2. Cap Cities would use the money from Berkshire to:
3. Warren's attitude toward leaving some money to his children changed when:
4. Warren's philosophy for purchasing stocks included all but:
5. Which of the following was not one of the permanent three in Berkshire's portfolio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stock did Buffett begin purchasing in 1988?
2. How does Buffett describe the difference between his public and private lives?
3. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
4. What are referred to as Buffett's sweetheart deals?
5. Why wasn't Buffett adversely affected by the insurance market problems in 1985?
6. What did Buffett plan to do with his wealth when he died?
7. Buffett was interested in buying media companies in the 1980s. Why did he invest in Cap Cities through Berkshire?
8. Salomon became the object of an SEC and Justice Department investigation because of their bond trading. What did they do?
9. What kind of stocks did Buffett look for?
10. Buffett's career was based on the Graham and Dodds theory of investing. What are the basis of Buffet's beliefs based on the teachings of Graham and Dodds?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)