|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other kind of family-owned business did Buffet buy?
(c) another furniture store.
2. Buffett's new worth was approximately:
(a) $2.3 billion.
(b) $3.8 billion.
(c) $1.35 billion.
(d) $900 million.
3. Mrs. B built her furniture store into the biggest furniture store in the:
4. One thing that Buffett did that resulted in many people leaving the firm was to:
(a) move to a smaller building.
(b) cancel vacations.
(c) lower the bonuses.
(d) give raises to maintain morale.
5. Which of the following was not one of the permanent three in Berkshire's portfolio?
(c) Cap Cities.
(d) Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlement of the public and private cases cost Salomon:
2. Mrs. B began in the furniture business by:
3. As a result of the stock market crash in October 1985, Berkshire:
4. The Treasure sells bonds to:
5. Buffett's Graham group, his inner circle, met:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buffett learn about the Nebraska Furniture Mart?
2. What are zero coupon bonds that were being used to finance LBO?
3. What were Buffett's views on hostile takeovers?
4. Why did Buiffett invest in Salomon?
5. What was the effect of irregularities in the bond trading by Salomon on traders?
6. Salomon became the object of an SEC and Justice Department investigation because of their bond trading. What did they do?
7. What was one of the first things Buffett did at Salomon?
8. What was Buffett's attitude about sharing his wealth with his children?
9. What are referred to as Buffett's sweetheart deals?
10. How does Buffett describe the difference between his public and private lives?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)