|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His best childhood friend was___________.
(a) John Buffet.
(b) Bob Russell.
(c) George Sklenicka.
(d) Bill Gates.
2. Studying under Graham allowed Warren to:
(a) complete his thesis.
(b) develop his own natural abilities.
(c) learn to develop a business.
(d) quality to teach.
3. Which of the following was not one of the three companies that Buffett used to purchase stock and other companies?
(a) Berkshire Hathaway.
(b) American Express.
(c) Blue Chip Stamps.
(d) Diversified Retailing.
4. Warren bought all but the following through Berkshire:
(a) National Indemnity Company.
(b) Sun Newspaper.
(c) American Express.
(d) Illinois National Bank and Trust.
5. What step did Buffett take in early 1966?
(a) closed the partnership to new accounts.
(b) began a new fund.
(c) hired new analyst.
(d) quit the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had stock in many of the same companies as Buffett?
2. Buffett feared being known as:
3. In what simple way did Buffett find that people were still using their American Express cards?
4. The Evening News' rival newspaper was the:
5. Warren Buffett was born in___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
2. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
3. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
4. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
5. What does Buffett worry about at the age of twenty six?
6. What were Buffett's plans for Berkshire?
7. What were Warren's classmates' views of him?
8. How did Buffett learn about GEICO?
9. What did Buffett feel was most important in the evaluation of a company?
10. What did Warren do at the age of six when the family vacationed at Lake Okoboji?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)