|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time of World War I, what part of the New Bedford labor force worked at the mill?
(a) one fourth.
(b) one third.
(c) three fourths.
(d) one half.
2. Warren handled his investments with people:
(a) on an individual basis.
(b) by following their instructions.
(c) by forming partnerships.
(d) by keeping them informned.
3. During the early 1960s, the company's stock price:
(a) stock split several times.
(c) doubled in value.
4. Buffett communicated with partners:
(a) holding monthly meetings.
(b) on the phone.
(c) by personal meetings with them.
(d) through letters.
5. What company did Buffett say he would hold for the rest of his life?
(a) See's Candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad investment did Warren make at this time?
2. Why did the Buffetts move to New York in 1954?
3. While reaching Ben Graham, Warren learned about a company called:
4. What event occurred in August 1967?
5. Buffett's goal, as stated to his partners, was to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What did twelve-year-old Warren have to say about money when asked why it was so important to him?
2. How did Buffett learn about GEICO?
3. What did Buffett feel was most important in the evaluation of a company?
4. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
5. When Buffett was interested in a company, he studied the financial data. For companies like Berkshire and American Express, what else did he do?
6. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
7. What was Buffett's advice to Katherine Graham and the Washington Post?
8. What were Warren's views about attending college?
9. How did Buffett's partnership do in their first five years?
10. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)