|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warren did not want to attend college because:
(a) he wanted to work.
(b) he wanted to travel.
(c) he didn't feel he could learn anything.
(d) he wanted to get married.
2. Why did the Buffetts move to New York in 1954?
(a) Buffett accepted a job at Graham-Newman.
(b) Buffett wanted to work at the New York Stock Exchange.
(c) Warren wanted a wider customer base.
(d) Warren wanted to find a job.
3. Graham and Dodds did work in:
(a) business management.
(b) selling and marketing.
(c) stock valuation.
(d) commodity futures.
4. What was the most important aspect of American Express?
(a) its name.
(b) its assets.
(c) its dividends.
(d) its history.
5. These kinds of funds in this era were characterized as:
(a) bear market.
(b) irresponsible trading.
(c) Go Go.
(d) bull market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What step did Buffett take in early 1966?
2. Which is not one of the three stocks that Buffett heavily invested in the 1960?
3. What did Warren vow after his involvement with Dempster?
4. What did Warren's father tell him when he returned from running away?
5. What did Buffett recommend that the Post do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett conclude about American Express
2. What was happening with other mutual funds by early 1967?
3. What was Berkshire-Hathaway?
4. How did Buffett communicate with his partners?
5. What did Buffett do from 1969 - 1973?
6. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
7. What were Buffett's views on religion?
8. How did Buffett know of Ben Graham at Columbia?
9. Where was Warren Buffett born and raised?
10. When Buffett was interested in a company, he studied the financial data. For companies like Berkshire and American Express, what else did he do?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)