|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Post company controlled all but the following:
(a) Washington Post.
(c) Florida television stations.
(d) Washington Monthly.
2. Buffett would only consider investing in social projects if:
(a) he deemed it as a good cause.
(b) Susie approved them.
(c) they showed a rate of return.
(d) he personally approved them.
3. Buffett began buying Berkshire-Hathaway stock in:
4. The Evening News' rival newspaper was the:
(a) New York Times.
(b) New York Post.
(c) Courier Express.
(d) Toronto Star.
5. Katherine Graham was the owner of the:
(a) Los Angeles Times.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) Washington Star.
(d) New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. The SEC began an investigation of Buffett and Munger when they:
2. Berkshire and Hathaway merged in:
3. As a result of the end of the Go Go era:
4. In their senior year, Warren and Danley opened a:
5. The Buffett family owned and operated a ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
2. What did Warren do after business school?
3. What did Buffett do from 1969 - 1973?
4. What were Warren's classmates' views of him?
5. What did Buffett invest in after dissolving his partnership in May 1969?
6. How did Buffett's partnership differ from other mutual funds?
7. How did Buffett's partnership do in their first five years?
8. What were Buffett's views on religion?
9. What is the difference between the quantitative appeal of Berkshire and the qualitative appeal of American Express?
10. Why did Buffett close the partnership to new accounts in 1966?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)