|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warren bought all but the following through Berkshire:
(a) Illinois National Bank and Trust.
(b) Sun Newspaper.
(c) American Express.
(d) National Indemnity Company.
2. Warren's father worked as a ___________.
(a) securities salesman.
(c) factory worker.
3. The SEC began an investigation of Buffett and Munger when they:
(a) bought blue Chip.
(b) filed to merge Diversified into Berkshire.
(c) bought Diversified.
(d) bought See's Candy Shops.
4. Warren Buffett was born in___________.
(a) Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Omaha, Nebraska.
(d) Kansas City, Nebraska.
5. Buffett began buying stocks:
(a) for his own account.
(b) with bargain prices for Berkshire.
(c) for the Buffett foundation.
(d) for partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course did Warren teach at the University of Omaha?
2. Buffett began buying Berkshire-Hathaway stock in:
3. How many partnerships was Warren running by the end of his first year?
4. By the time of World War I, what part of the New Bedford labor force worked at the mill?
5. Warren made big profits by engaging in a practice known as:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buffett help GEICO?
2. Where was Warren Buffett born and raised?
3. What did Berkshire-Hathaway produce?
4. What was Berkshire-Hathaway?
5. What brought on the SEC investigation of Buffett and Munger?
6. What were Buffett's plans for Berkshire?
7. What was Buffett's advice to Katherine Graham and the Washington Post?
8. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
9. Munger and Buffett purchased the Buffalo Evening Press and became involved in an anti-trust suit. What brought on the anti-trust suit by the rival Courier-News?
10. How did Buffett learn about GEICO?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)