|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Warren's major passion outside of work?
2. As a result of the end of the Go Go era:
(a) market trading was thin.
(b) funds were clustered in some growth stocks.
(c) traders were confused.
(d) there was no direction to the market.
3. His best childhood friend was___________.
(a) John Buffet.
(b) Bob Russell.
(c) George Sklenicka.
(d) Bill Gates.
4. What bad investment did Warren make at this time?
(a) Blue Eagle stamps.
(b) purchasing a house.
(c) National American.
5. What problems did Buffett have making investments in the mid-1960s?
(a) a massive withdrawal of capital.
(b) a severe market slump.
(c) there were few good bargains in stocks.
(d) increased competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Warren did not want to attend college because:
2. At the 1968 meeting of his friends, who was not invited?
3. Warren attended graduate school at:
4. Graham and Dodds did work in:
5. What magazine did Buffett first invest in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett invest in after dissolving his partnership in May 1969?
2. Why did Buffett want to study with Graham?
3. What did Berkshire-Hathaway produce?
4. Why were so many investors impressed by Warren?
5. How did Warren handle investments for others? What were his terms?
6. In evaluating companies, Buffett looked at whether they were cash consuming or cash generating. What is the difference?
7. What did Buffett conclude about American Express
8. What did Warren do at the age of six when the family vacationed at Lake Okoboji?
9. How did Buffett help GEICO?
10. What was the outcome of the anti-trust suit?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)