|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Salomon's Court.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company did the partnership buy that Warren became chairman of?
(a) Sanford Map.
(b) Control Data.
(d) National American Fire Insurance.
2. Why is finance the opposite of investing?
(a) finance is based on Graham and Dodds theory.
(b) finance describes the corporate view of fund raising.
(c) finance is the same as investing.
(d) finance is based on Efficient Market Theory.
3. In what simple way did Buffett find that people were still using their American Express cards?
(a) he contacted the chairman of the board.
(b) he hired an analyst to perform research
(c) he hired a market research firm to perform a survey.
(d) he sat in a restaurant and watched how people paid thier bills.
4. The Post company controlled all but the following:
(a) Washington Monthly.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Florida television stations.
5. What did the Evening News do that resulted in an anti-trust suit?
(a) tried to force the Courier-News out of business.
(b) lowered prices below costs.
(c) announced the publication of a Sunday edition.
(d) lowered prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buffett told his partners all but the following:
2. Warren bought all but the following through Berkshire:
3. When is a squeeze considered illegal?
4. Why did US Air lose money after Buffett's investment?
5. What was Warren's major passion outside of work?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)