|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Howie Buffett's Corn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time of World War I, what part of the New Bedford labor force worked at the mill?
(a) one half.
(b) one fourth.
(c) three fourths.
(d) one third.
2. What newspaper stock did Buffett buy heavily?
(a) Chicago Sun Times.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Miami Herald.
3. Buffett would only consider investing in social projects if:
(a) Susie approved them.
(b) they showed a rate of return.
(c) he personally approved them.
(d) he deemed it as a good cause.
4. Book value is:
(a) the value of a company's asset.
(b) what the market thinks a business is worth.
(c) the value of a company's stock.
(d) capital invested in a business plus retained profits.
5. Warren married Susie Thompson in:
(a) April, 1952.
(b) September 1953.
(c) June 1955.
(d) January 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buffett began buying Berkshire-Hathaway stock in:
2. What industry did Buffett become interested in at this time?
3. The Buffett children describe their mother as:
4. If Buffett made a loan to one of his children:
5. Buffett wanted his money to be used for:
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)