|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carpet Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warren made big profits by engaging in a practice known as:
(a) stock splitting.
(c) back room trading.
(d) leveraged buyouts.
2. What did the Courier-Star accuse the Evening News of?
(a) poor reporting.
(b) making deals with advertisers.
(c) lack of ethics.
(d) monopolistic practices.
3. Ben Graham's specialty was:
(a) Classical Latin.
(b) Greek drama.
(c) stock market.
(d) business management strategy.
4. As a result of the end of the Go Go era:
(a) market trading was thin.
(b) there was no direction to the market.
(c) funds were clustered in some growth stocks.
(d) traders were confused.
5. How much did Buffett pay for Nebraska Furniture Mart?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $25 million.
(d) $60 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. The key question in the anti-trust suit was:
2. The Nebraska Furniture Mart was owned by:
3. What did Buffett say he was putting his money into?
4. Regarding his textile mills, in the early 1980s, Buffett:
5. Buffett began buying stocks:
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)