|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Secrets of the Temple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems did Buffett have making investments in the mid-1960s?
(a) a severe market slump.
(b) increased competition.
(c) there were few good bargains in stocks.
(d) a massive withdrawal of capital.
2. What did Buffett advise his partners of in May 1967?
(a) the partnership would go on without him.
(b) Buffett Partnership was facing huge losses.
(c) he was liquidating Buffett Partnership.
(d) he was turning Buffett Partnership into a Performance Fund.
3. By the 1990s, Buffett was worth:
(a) $1 billion.
(b) $250 million.
(c) $500 million.
(d) $620 million.
4. Warren's philosophy for purchasing stocks included all but:
(a) anticipation of short-term price movements.
(b) favorable long-term prospects.
(c) decent stock price.
(d) honest and competent management.
5. At the 1968 meeting of his friends, who was not invited?
(a) Carl Ican.
(b) Charlie Munger.
(c) Bill Ruane.
(d) Ben Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurred in August 1967?
2. How long did Buffett go without buying any common stock after the Cap Cities deal in 1985?
3. Susie's absence made life:
4. Buffett looked for stocks:
5. What stock did Buffett begin to buy in the fall of 1988?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)