• Warren Buffett and Bob Russell grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. Warren was interested in money making opportunities from an early age.
• When his father, Howard Buffett, was elected Congressman, Warren went with to Washington but returned to Omaha within a few weeks and went to work at the family grocery store.
• Warren was living in Washington DC when he ran away at the age of thirteen. He had a paper route and sold magazine subscriptions while studying business books. Warren and friend Donald Danley began a pinball machine business in their senior year.
• Warren didn't want to go to college but enrolled at Wharton. After two years, he returned to Nebraska when his father was defeated in the 1948 election. He graduated from the University of Nebraska and then went to Columbia Business School.
• At Columbia, Ben Graham helped Warren develop his natural talents in stock...
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)