|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frau Consul beg the doctors for narcotics?
(a) She is addicted to them.
(b) She wants to die.
(c) She wants to give them to Tony.
(d) She wants them to sleep.
2. What does Christian want after Frau Consul's death?
(a) The paintings.
(b) The furniture.
(c) The house.
(d) The plates.
3. How does Tony describe the language of the people in Munich?
4. How does Tony describe Catholicism in Munich?
5. How does Hanna develop slowly in childhood?
(a) He sleeps much of the time.
(b) He can't control his hands.
(c) He walks late.
(d) He never speaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do when Tony refuses to go back to Munich?
2. How old is Hugo Weinschenk in "Part VIII"?
3. How does Tom feel about selling the family house?
4. Why does Tony decide to return home with Erica in "Part VI"?
5. Why does Christian want to adopt a woman's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erica's husband do when he is released from jail?
2. What book does Tom read in "Part X"?
3. How does Hugo Weinschenk feel about Christian in "Part VIII"?
4. How does Tony feel about the marriage of her daughter?
5. What happens when Frau Consul becomes ill in "Part IX"?
6. What is Tom's first impression of Permaneder?
7. What makes Tom fire Christian from the business?
8. In "Part VI," how does Tony describe Munich when she visits there?
9. How does Tom become a merchant senator?
10. What things occur to end the marriage between Tony and Permaneder?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)