|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom assume Christian will do with the money he gives him in "Part VI"?
(a) Start his own business.
(b) Become a partner in a new business.
(c) Use it to gamble.
(d) Spend it on women.
2. What joke does Tom make about Tony's involvement in Erica's wedding?
(a) He says she shouldn't give marriage advice.
(b) He says she is getting married for the third time.
(c) He says she has broken the curse.
(d) He says she is a bad luck charm.
3. Why does the head of the city attend Hanno's christening?
(a) Because he went to the wrong church.
(b) Because he is trying to scare Tom.
(c) Because of Tom's social status.
(d) Because he is related to Gerda.
4. Where does Christian go to live after talking with Tom in "Part VII"?
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. What makes Tom angry after Clara dies?
(a) The fact that Clara left him nothing in her will.
(b) Clara's husband selling their house.
(c) His mother sending money to Clara's husband.
(d) The lack of respect at Clara's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tony's avoidance of social situations affect Erica?
2. What does Tom do when Tony refuses to go back to Munich?
3. Why does Frau Consul beg the doctors for narcotics?
4. Why does Tom wonder about what he should do with his life in "Part X"?
5. Why does Tony decide to return home with Erica in "Part VI"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does bringing Hanno the office make his relationship with Tom worse in "Part X"?
2. What is Frau Consul's funeral like?
3. What does Tom do when Christian asks for money in "Part VII"?
4. How does Tom feel about Tony leaving Permaneder in "Part VI"?
5. In "Part X," why is Tom compare his fortune to the town's fortune?
6. What happens after Tom sells the family house?
7. How does Hugo Weinschenk feel about Christian in "Part VIII"?
8. What is Tom's first impression of Permaneder?
9. What does Tom do in "Part VI" when he begins to take his political career seriously?
10. What argument do Tom and Christian get into after their mother's death?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)