|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first time Tom decides to do after being elected senator?
(a) Buy new clothes.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Build a new house.
(d) Create a public garden.
2. Why is James Mollendorf of interest to Tom?
(a) Because he opens up a political seat.
(b) Because they went to school together.
(c) Because he can buy Mollendorf's business.
(d) Because he will inherit money.
3. In "Part VIII," how old is Eric?
4. What makes Tom angry after Clara dies?
(a) The fact that Clara left him nothing in her will.
(b) The lack of respect at Clara's funeral.
(c) Clara's husband selling their house.
(d) His mother sending money to Clara's husband.
5. Why does Tom visit a doctor in "Part X"?
(a) Because of chest pains.
(b) Because of a toothache.
(c) Because of a headache.
(d) Because he hurts his foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When their son is born in "Part VII," why does it settle Gerda's fears?
2. What role is Tom elected to in "Part VII"?
3. Who brings Tom home after he falls in "Part X"?
4. Why does Tony move in with Erica after she is married?
5. How does Tony describe the language of the people in Munich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom become a merchant senator?
2. What makes Hugo Weinschenk a good match for Erica?
3. Why does Hugo Weinschenk go to court in "Part VIII"?
4. In "Part X," why is Tom compare his fortune to the town's fortune?
5. In "Part VII," what does Christian meet with Tom about?
6. What does Tom do when Christian asks for money in "Part VII"?
7. What argument do Tom and Christian get into after their mother's death?
8. What is Tom's first impression of Permaneder?
9. How does Hugo Weinschenk feel about Christian in "Part VIII"?
10. What does Tom do in "Part VI" when he begins to take his political career seriously?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)