|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony feel about Hermann Hagenstrom in "Part VII"?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) They are old enemies.
(c) She doesn't know him well.
(d) They are friendly neighbors.
2. Why is James Mollendorf of interest to Tom?
(a) Because they went to school together.
(b) Because he will inherit money.
(c) Because he opens up a political seat.
(d) Because he can buy Mollendorf's business.
3. Who brings Tom home after he falls in "Part X"?
(b) A group of nuns.
4. Why does the head of the city attend Hanno's christening?
(a) Because of Tom's social status.
(b) Because he is related to Gerda.
(c) Because he is trying to scare Tom.
(d) Because he went to the wrong church.
5. In "Part VII," who does Bruddenbrooks' town align with in the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Permaneder comes to the Buddenbrook home in "Part VI," what confuses Frau Consul at first?
2. How does Tom feel about selling the family house?
3. How does Tony describe Catholicism in Munich?
4. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
5. In "Part VIII," what does Tony think makes Hugo Weinschenk different from Buddenbrooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom do in "Part VI" when he begins to take his political career seriously?
2. What happens during the celebration for the Buddenbrook firm in "Part VIII"?
3. What does Erica's husband do when he is released from jail?
4. What is Tom's first impression of Permaneder?
5. How does bringing Hanno the office make his relationship with Tom worse in "Part X"?
6. What does Tom do when Christian asks for money in "Part VII"?
7. In "Part VI," how does Tony describe Munich when she visits there?
8. What happens during the war in "Part VII"?
9. What makes Hugo Weinschenk a good match for Erica?
10. What argument do Tom and Christian get into after their mother's death?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)