|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Morten studying to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Why does the Consul take Tony and Erica home with him?
(a) Grunlich asks him to.
(b) To get them away from Grunlich.
(c) To help Tony take care of Erica.
(d) To give Tony a vacation.
3. How does Clara meet her husband?
(a) Tom hires him to clean their house.
(b) Her mother invites him over to preach.
(c) She meets him at work.
(d) It is an arranged marriage.
4. Why does Tony tell Morten about Grunlich's proposal?
(a) She is nervous and blurts it out.
(b) She wants him to know the truth.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to fight with Grunlich.
5. In "Part II," what does the Consul say about Johann's second marriage?
(a) It is a sham.
(b) It only has love.
(c) It has no respect and no love.
(d) It has respect but not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
2. In "Part V," what does Christian do when he comes into the office?
3. After the Consul dies, what does Tom decide to do with the business?
4. How does the wealth of the Krogers compare to the wealth of the Buddenbrooks?
5. How did Johann Buddenbrook acquire Buddenbrook home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tony's first impression of Grunlich?
2. What happens when Tom hires Christian in "Part V"?
3. In "Part I," what types of guests come to Buddenbrook home from dinner?
4. In "Part III," what does Tony do when she returns from the beach house?
5. What are Morten's political beliefs?
6. What happens to Tony after spending summers with the Krogers?
7. In "Part II," how does Tony react to being at boarding school?
8. What does Gotthold demand in a letter in "Part I"?
9. How does Tom meet his wife?
10. How do Tom and Christian compare to each other?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)