|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
2. In the beginning of "Part III", what is the Consul's family all reading?
3. How does the older generation feel about Napoleon?
(a) They feel he was a great man.
(b) They feel he was misunderstood.
(c) They feel he was a tyrant.
(d) They feel he was nothing to fear.
4. How does Gotthold tell the Buddenbrook family he wants money?
(a) He visits his grandfather.
(b) He sends a telegram to his mother.
(c) He sends a letter to the Consul.
(d) He writes in to a newspaper.
5. In "Part II," what does the Consul about love in his marriage to Elizabeth?
(a) That he loves someone else.
(b) That he has fallen out of love.
(c) That he married for love.
(d) That he did not marry for love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tony say she will consider Grunlich's proposal?
2. Where does Tom go on his honeymoon?
3. Where do the Krogers have an estate?
4. Why does Elizabeth want another servant in "Part II"?
5. Why was Gotthold cut off from family money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Christian like when he returns home in "Part V"?
2. In "Part III," what does Tony do when she returns from the beach house?
3. How does the Consul say Josephine's death affected Johann?
4. Why do Tony's parents support Grunlich's proposal of marriage?
5. What happens to Tony after spending summers with the Krogers?
6. What happens to Herr Kroger during the riot?
7. How does the Consul react when Elizabeth says she wants to hire another servant in "Part II"?
8. What does Grunlich do when he learns about Tony's letter to her father concerning Morten?
9. What does Justus do after the Consul dies?
10. What happens when Tom hires Christian in "Part V"?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)