|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tony's parents think Grunlich is a good match for her?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) Because of his kindness.
(c) Because he is a respectable man.
(d) Because of his title.
2. In "Part IV," what are the lower classes insisting upon?
(a) Vacation days.
(b) Voting rights.
(c) Health care.
(d) Better pay.
3. How did Johann Buddenbrook acquire Buddenbrook home?
(a) He was left it in a will.
(b) He bought it from his mother.
(c) His firm acquired it.
(d) He built it himself.
4. Why does Elizabeth want another servant in "Part II"?
(a) She needs a second cook.
(b) She wants a manservant.
(c) She says she needs help with the baby.
(d) She wants a female servant.
5. What month is it in "Part III"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part II," what does the Consul about love in his marriage to Elizabeth?
2. How do Morten's political views compare to Tony's?
3. What does Tony tell her father about her marriage in "Part IV"?
4. After Consul Kroger dies, what happens to his estate?
5. Where do the Krogers have an estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tom and Christian compare to each other?
2. What does Justus do after the Consul dies?
3. What happens when a Buddenbrook servant refuses to serve the family in "Part IV"?
4. In "Part II," how does the Consul describe his marriage to Elizabeth Kroger?
5. In "Part IV," what is revealed about Grunlich's business?
6. How does the Consul say Josephine's death affected Johann?
7. What does Grunlich do when he learns about Tony's letter to her father concerning Morten?
8. What does Tom do when he takes over his father's business?
9. How does Johann Buddenbrook describe the way he acquired Buddenbrook home?
10. What happens when Tom hires Christian in "Part V"?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)