|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Justus come to town in "Part V"?
(a) To go through the Consul's books.
(b) To clean the Consul's house.
(c) To plan the Consul's funeral.
(d) To discuss the Consul's will.
2. Where does Gerda stand at the end of "Part V"?
(a) Next to a table.
(b) On the porch.
(c) On a stage.
(d) In a doorway.
3. What month is it in "Part III"?
4. In "Part V," why does Tony want to take a vacation?
(a) Because she has extra money to spend.
(b) Because she wants to be alone.
(c) Because she wants to study abroad.
(d) Because she is bored.
5. In "Part III,, what interrupts Tom's secret romance with Anna?
(a) His religion.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A business trip.
(d) Tony's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tony's parents think Grunlich is a good match for her?
2. After spending time with the Krogers in "Part II," how does Tony change?
3. In "Part II," what does the Consul write about in his journal?
4. How does the older generation feel about Napoleon?
5. In "Part I," what does the Consul's mother tell him to do about Gotthold's demand for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom hires Christian in "Part V"?
2. Why do Tony's parents support Grunlich's proposal of marriage?
3. How does Clara's mother help her get married?
4. What does Justus do after the Consul dies?
5. How do Tom and Christian compare to each other?
6. What does Gotthold demand in a letter in "Part I"?
7. What do the men do after dinner in "Part I"?
8. What happens to Herr Kroger during the riot?
9. Why does Tony want her mother to visit in "Part IV"?
10. How does Tom meet his wife?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)