|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony feel about Hermann Hagenstrom in "Part VII"?
(a) She doesn't know him well.
(b) They are friendly neighbors.
(c) They are old enemies.
(d) They are good friends.
2. After Frau Consul's death, what does Tony inherit?
(a) The furniture.
(b) The rugs.
(c) The paintings.
(d) The dishes.
3. In "Part VII," who does Bruddenbrooks' town align with in the war?
4. Why does Tom wonder about what he should do with his life in "Part X"?
(a) Because he feels he already reached the high point.
(b) Because he wants to take vacations.
(c) Because he wants to rediscover himself.
(d) Because he wants to make more money.
5. Why does Tom visit a doctor in "Part X"?
(a) Because he hurts his foot.
(b) Because of a headache.
(c) Because of a toothache.
(d) Because of chest pains.
6. Who brings Tom home after he falls in "Part X"?
(a) A group of nuns.
7. In "Part VIII," how old is Eric?
8. Why does Tom approve of Permaneder as a suitor for Tony?
(a) Because he is a good man.
(b) Because he is a rich man.
(c) Because his mother enjoys Permaneder's company.
(d) Because he no longer cares who Tony marries.
9. What does Eric do after first meeting Hugo Weinschenk?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Talks to her mother.
10. How does Tony feel about the selling the family house?
(a) She doesn't have an opinion about the sale.
(b) She wants to donate the house.
(c) She is against it.
(d) She wants more money for it.
11. What does Christian want after Frau Consul's death?
(a) The paintings.
(b) The plates.
(c) The furniture.
(d) The house.
12. In "Part X," why does Tom's town's fortune increase?
(a) Because it partners with Munich.
(b) Because it finds natural resources.
(c) Because it joins the customs union.
(d) Because more people move there.
13. What do the women in "Part VII" say about Hanno?
(a) That he will be just fine once he turns 5.
(b) That he needs prayers.
(c) That he will always be an outcast.
(d) That he won't fully develop.
14. What happens to Frau Consul before she dies?
(a) She slips into a coma.
(b) Her lungs fill with fluid.
(c) He pulse weakens.
(d) Her breathing becomes fast.
15. Who attends Frau Consul's funeral?
(a) Only family.
(b) The entire town.
(c) Family and local dignitaries.
(d) Very few people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hugo Weinschenk in "Part VIII"?
2. Why does Christian request a meeting with Tom in "Part VII"?
3. When Hugo Weinschenk and Erica marry, who is wary of the match?
4. What is the first time Tom decides to do after being elected senator?
5. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)