|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom visit a doctor in "Part X"?
(a) Because of a headache.
(b) Because of chest pains.
(c) Because he hurts his foot.
(d) Because of a toothache.
2. How old is Hugo Weinschenk in "Part VIII"?
(a) Early 50s.
(b) Early 20s.
(c) Early 30s.
(d) Early 40s.
3. In "Part VI," when does Tony say she expects to return home?
4. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
(a) He starts gambling.
(b) He goes out frequently.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He starts reading radical literature.
5. In "Part VIII," how old is Eric?
6. What does Tom do when Tony refuses to go back to Munich?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He offers to help her get a divorce.
(c) He buys her a train ticket to Munich anyway.
(d) He says she can have a job with his business.
7. How does Hanna develop slowly in childhood?
(a) He walks late.
(b) He never speaks.
(c) He can't control his hands.
(d) He sleeps much of the time.
8. What does Eric do after first meeting Hugo Weinschenk?
(b) Talks to her mother.
(c) Writes a letter.
9. How does Tony's avoidance of social situations affect Erica?
(a) She doesn't have any nice clothes.
(b) She hasn't learned table manners.
(c) She hasn't met anyone her age.
(d) She doesn't want to go to any social events.
10. In "Part VI," what political position does Tom aspire to?
(a) To be a counsel member.
(b) To be a lord.
(c) To be part of parliament.
(d) To lead the city.
11. How does Tony describe the language of the people in Munich?
12. In "Part IX," how many doctors does Tom have to consult with about his mother?
13. Why does Tony cry whenever she passes the family house after it sells?
(a) Because of the man who owns it.
(b) Because she remembers her childhood.
(c) Because she is happy to be out of the house.
(d) Because she misses the garden.
14. How does Tom feel about Christian marrying the woman with the children in "Part IX"?
(a) He thinks it is a great idea.
(b) He won't say anything about it.
(c) He thinks it is a horrible idea.
(d) He thinks it is a nice, but stupid idea.
15. Why does Tom wonder about what he should do with his life in "Part X"?
(a) Because he feels he already reached the high point.
(b) Because he wants to rediscover himself.
(c) Because he wants to make more money.
(d) Because he wants to take vacations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Tom elected to in "Part VII"?
2. How does Tom feel during the election running against Hermann Hagenstrom?
3. After Frau Consul's death, what does Tony inherit?
4. How does Hugo Weinschenk try to help Christian in "Part VIII"?
5. In "Part VI," why does Tom want Tony to return to Munich?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)