|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part VI," what is it rumored Christian said about businessmen?
(a) That they are conceited.
(b) That they are weak.
(c) That they are swindlers.
(d) That they are foolish.
2. After Frau Consul's death, what does Tony inherit?
(a) The furniture.
(b) The dishes.
(c) The paintings.
(d) The rugs.
3. How old is Hugo Weinschenk in "Part VIII"?
(a) Early 50s.
(b) Early 30s.
(c) Early 40s.
(d) Early 20s.
4. What does the book Tom reads in "Part X" say life is?
(a) A gift.
(b) A complication.
(c) A mistake.
(d) A play.
5. In "Part VII," who does Bruddenbrooks' town align with in the war?
6. How does Hugo Weinschenk try to help Christian in "Part VIII"?
(a) He loans him money.
(b) He rents a room to him.
(c) He gives him a job.
(d) He sends him on a vacation.
7. Why does Tom fall in "Part X"?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He trips.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has a stroke.
8. How does Tony's avoidance of social situations affect Erica?
(a) She doesn't have any nice clothes.
(b) She hasn't learned table manners.
(c) She hasn't met anyone her age.
(d) She doesn't want to go to any social events.
9. Why does Permaneder decide to stop working?
(a) He receives Tony's dowry.
(b) He hurt his arm.
(c) He says he is getting old.
(d) Someone offered to buy his business.
10. How does Tom feel about selling the family house?
(a) He is against it.
(b) He doesn't have an opinion about the sale.
(c) He wants more money for it.
(d) He wants to donate the house.
11. How does Tom feel about Hanno's musical talents?
(a) He doesn't care either way about them.
(b) He doesn't know Hanno can play instruments.
(c) He disagrees with them.
(d) He is proud of them.
12. How does Tom feel about Christian marrying the woman with the children in "Part IX"?
(a) He thinks it is a horrible idea.
(b) He thinks it is a nice, but stupid idea.
(c) He won't say anything about it.
(d) He thinks it is a great idea.
13. In "Part VI," when does Tony say she expects to return home?
14. Who brings Tom home after he falls in "Part X"?
(a) A group of nuns.
15. What does Hanno think of his father's work and office in "Part X"?
(a) That it is exciting.
(b) That it is boring.
(c) That it is fake.
(d) That it is confusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom discuss German unification with in "Part VI"?
2. What makes Tom angry after Clara dies?
3. How does Tony describe the language of the people in Munich?
4. What is the name Hanno short for?
5. Why is James Mollendorf of interest to Tom?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)