|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Frau Consul before she dies?
(a) He pulse weakens.
(b) Her breathing becomes fast.
(c) Her lungs fill with fluid.
(d) She slips into a coma.
2. How does Tony feel about the selling the family house?
(a) She wants more money for it.
(b) She doesn't have an opinion about the sale.
(c) She is against it.
(d) She wants to donate the house.
3. After Frau Consul's death, what does Tony inherit?
(a) The paintings.
(b) The rugs.
(c) The dishes.
(d) The furniture.
4. Why does the head of the city attend Hanno's christening?
(a) Because he is related to Gerda.
(b) Because he went to the wrong church.
(c) Because he is trying to scare Tom.
(d) Because of Tom's social status.
5. What does Permaneder agree to do when he divorces Tony?
(a) Stay in Munich.
(b) Split his money with her.
(c) Not spread rumors about her.
(d) Give back her dowry.
6. When their son is born in "Part VII," why does it settle Gerda's fears?
(a) She thought she was having twins.
(b) She thought they wouldn't have a son.
(c) She thought Tom didn't want children.
(d) She thought she couldn't become pregnant.
7. Why does Tony cry whenever she passes the family house after it sells?
(a) Because of the man who owns it.
(b) Because she remembers her childhood.
(c) Because she misses the garden.
(d) Because she is happy to be out of the house.
8. What does Tom decide to do after reading the book in "Part X"?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Love his family.
(d) Live his life differently.
9. Why does Tom wonder about what he should do with his life in "Part X"?
(a) Because he feels he already reached the high point.
(b) Because he wants to rediscover himself.
(c) Because he wants to take vacations.
(d) Because he wants to make more money.
10. Where does Frau Consul suffer from an infection in "Part IX"?
(a) Her lungs.
(b) Her blood.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her stomach.
11. In "Part VII," why does Christian say he has gone into debt?
(a) He has been using credit to pay for things.
(b) He didn't want to take money from his business.
(c) He has been borrowing money to gamble with.
(d) He never learned to keep his books.
12. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
(a) He goes out frequently.
(b) He starts reading radical literature.
(c) He starts gambling.
(d) He quits his job.
13. In "Part X," why is Tom jealous of the young lieutenant?
(a) Because he is talented.
(b) Because Gerda plays music with him.
(c) Because he is young.
(d) Because he can go to college.
14. In "Part VI," when does Tony say she expects to return home?
15. What does Hanno think of his father's work and office in "Part X"?
(a) That it is exciting.
(b) That it is confusing.
(c) That it is fake.
(d) That it is boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christian request a meeting with Tom in "Part VII"?
2. What makes Tom angry after Clara dies?
3. In "Part VIII," why is Herr von Maiboom in debt?
4. Why does Erica's husband go to jail?
5. In "Part VIII," why does Tony avoid social situations?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)