|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Consul to become angry with the mob in "Part IV"?
(a) The flipped over carriages.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The noise.
(d) The unlit street lights.
2. In "Part IV," what do rioters do to the town hall?
(a) They try to light it on fire.
(b) They host a meeting.
(c) They throw bricks at it.
(d) They board up the windows and doors.
3. How much time has passed between "Part I" and "Part II"?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
4. In "Part II," how many female servants does Elizabeth have?
5. Where does Tom go on his honeymoon?
6. What day of the week do the Buddenbrooks gather at the Buddenbrook house?
7. What does Tony do while Tom is away on his honeymoon?
(a) She takes some money from him.
(b) She fixes a house for him.
(c) She runs the business for him.
(d) She moves out of the house.
8. In the beginning of "Part III", what is the Consul's family all reading?
9. In "Part V," why does Tony want to take a vacation?
(a) Because she wants to be alone.
(b) Because she is bored.
(c) Because she wants to study abroad.
(d) Because she has extra money to spend.
10. In "Part IV," what are the lower classes insisting upon?
(a) Better pay.
(b) Health care.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) Voting rights.
11. How did Johann Buddenbrook acquire Buddenbrook home?
(a) His firm acquired it.
(b) He bought it from his mother.
(c) He built it himself.
(d) He was left it in a will.
12. How does Grunlich propose marriage to Tony?
(a) In person.
(b) He sends her a contract.
(c) He asks her mother.
(d) With a letter.
13. In "Part I," what aspect of the Buddenbrook home do the guests discuss?
(a) Its age.
(b) Its number of fireplaces.
(c) Its plasterwork.
(d) Its location.
14. Why does Tony tell Morten about Grunlich's proposal?
(a) She wants him to fight with Grunlich.
(b) She is nervous and blurts it out.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to know the truth.
15. In "Part IV," why does Grunlich tell Tony she can't have a nanny?
(a) She doesn't deserve it.
(b) He disagrees with keeping servants.
(c) She is a good enough mother.
(d) They can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grunlich die?
2. What month does Tony marry Grunlich?
3. What does the Consul do after being left Johann's business?
4. In "Part II," how does the Consul describe Christian in comparison to Tom?
5. Why does the Consul decide to sent Tony to their beach house in "Part III"?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)