|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part III," who does Grunlich confront about Morten's relationship with Tony?
(c) Morten's father.
(d) Tony's father.
2. What does the head of the Schwartzkopf family do for a living?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is a pilot.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a businessman.
3. What makes Tony say she will consider Grunlich's proposal?
(a) When Grunlich cries.
(b) When Grunlich writes a poem.
(c) When Grunlich buys her jewelry.
(d) When her parents threaten her.
4. Why does the Consul want to see if Tony loves Grunlich in "Part IV"?
(a) To please his wife.
(b) To know if he was wrong.
(c) To know if he should invest money in Grunlich.
(d) To know if he should send his daughter on vacation.
5. What is Morten studying to be?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A lawyer.
6. In "Part I," what aspect of the Buddenbrook home do the guests discuss?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its age.
(c) Its number of fireplaces.
(d) Its plasterwork.
7. Why does the Consul decide to sent Tony to their beach house in "Part III"?
(a) To improve her mood.
(b) To avoid her.
(c) To keep her away from Grunlich.
(d) To prove he loves her.
8. In "Part II," how does the Consul describe Christian in comparison to Tom?
(a) He is less responsible.
(b) He is better with business matters.
(c) He is more angry.
(d) He is less serious.
9. Where does Grunlich die?
(a) At a beach house.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a mob.
(d) In jail.
10. How did Johann Buddenbrook acquire Buddenbrook home?
(a) He bought it from his mother.
(b) His firm acquired it.
(c) He built it himself.
(d) He was left it in a will.
11. During the riot in "Part IV," what is Kroger worried about?
(a) His carriage arriving.
(b) His money he has hidden.
(c) His health.
(d) His daughter's safety.
12. What causes the servant to be fired from the Buddenbrook home in "Part IV"?
(a) They get into a physical fight with Christian.
(b) They refuse to serve the family.
(c) They stop showing up for work.
(d) They are caught with a maid.
13. When Tony returns from the beach house in "Part III," what has Grunlich sent her?
(a) A dress.
(b) A poem.
(c) A series of novels.
(d) A ring.
14. In "Part IV," what are the lower classes insisting upon?
(a) Health care.
(b) Better pay.
(c) Voting rights.
(d) Vacation days.
15. What does the Consul do after being left Johann's business?
(a) Brings Tom into the business.
(b) Calls Gotthold for help.
(c) Hires Christian.
(d) Tries to sell the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christian's strange talent?
2. After Consul Kroger dies, what happens to his estate?
3. What is the original purpose of Grunlich's visit to the Consul in "Part III"?
4. Where does Gerda stand at the end of "Part V"?
5. Where do the men go after dinner in "Part I"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)