|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tony move in with Erica after she is married?
(a) To help her clean the house.
(b) Because she needs a place to stay.
(c) To help her run the house.
(d) Because she says she is lonely.
2. What causes the servant to be fired from the Buddenbrook home in "Part IV"?
(a) They are caught with a maid.
(b) They stop showing up for work.
(c) They refuse to serve the family.
(d) They get into a physical fight with Christian.
3. In "Part III," what does Morten do when Tony invites him to spend time with her friends?
(a) He insults a few of them.
(b) He decides to read alone instead.
(c) He tells her he has to leave town.
(d) He is too shy to talk with them.
4. What does Tom assume Christian will do with the money he gives him in "Part VI"?
(a) Use it to gamble.
(b) Spend it on women.
(c) Become a partner in a new business.
(d) Start his own business.
5. In "Part VI," what political position does Tom aspire to?
(a) To lead the city.
(b) To be a counsel member.
(c) To be part of parliament.
(d) To be a lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony tell her father about her marriage in "Part IV"?
2. In "Part VII," who does Bruddenbrooks' town align with in the war?
3. In "Part VI," what is it rumored Christian said about businessmen?
4. Why does the Consul take Tony and Erica home with him?
5. In the beginning of "Part III", what is the Consul's family all reading?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)