|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Part II," what does Tony have for breakfast each morning?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Fruit and cheese.
(d) Fried eggs.
2. What did the Buddenbrooks do during the war with Napoleon?
(a) They hid in England.
(b) They helped build navy ships.
(c) They boarded French troops.
(d) They joined the army.
3. Who is Babette?
(a) Erica's friend.
(b) One of Tony's servants.
(c) One of Permaneder's cousins.
(d) A secretary in Munich.
4. How does Gotthold tell the Buddenbrook family he wants money?
(a) He sends a letter to the Consul.
(b) He visits his grandfather.
(c) He sends a telegram to his mother.
(d) He writes in to a newspaper.
5. How does Tony describe Catholicism in Munich?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom assume Christian will do with the money he gives him in "Part VI"?
2. What is the original purpose of Grunlich's visit to the Consul in "Part III"?
3. In "Part IX," how many doctors does Tom have to consult with about his mother?
4. Who attends Frau Consul's funeral?
5. How does the war in "Part VII" affect Tom's business?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)