|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Permaneder comes to the Buddenbrook home in "Part VI," what confuses Frau Consul at first?
(a) His smile.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His accent.
(d) His hairstyle.
2. Where does Grunlich die?
(a) In a mob.
(b) In his office.
(c) At a beach house.
(d) In jail.
3. In "Part I," what does the Consul's mother tell him to do about Gotthold's demand for money?
(a) Sue him.
(b) Ignore the request.
(c) Send him a little money.
(d) Wait to tell his father.
4. While Tony is away in Munich, what does Christian do that upsets Tom?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He goes out frequently.
(c) He starts gambling.
(d) He starts reading radical literature.
5. What years is it in the beginning of "Part I"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wealth of the Krogers compare to the wealth of the Buddenbrooks?
2. How do Gotthold's daughters feel about Tom?
3. Why does the Consul believe Johann blames Gotthold for the death of Josephine?
4. Why does Tony cry whenever she passes the family house after it sells?
5. What joke does Tom make about Tony's involvement in Erica's wedding?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)